Announced earlier HERE
, its now LIVE!
It works a bit different from other Trade Managers/Modules you may have experience with. These are the basic steps:
To trade via your own trades (e.g. I need 2 more refs on xbox.free4me so I will look for 2 refs):
- Go to your Trade Manager and click Add Trade Offer
- Fill out the form with the specifics of the trade
- Create/bump your trade threads, and instruct interested parties to view your trade offers, you could link them from the thread or simply refer viewers to your right sidebar next to your post which will link to your Trade Offers page
- Interested parties will view your trade offers, if they find one they like they agree to the trade specs and click Initiate Trade
- You get an auto-pm instructing you to check your TM because you have a potential trader
- Approve/reject the trade, if rejected it will get deleted from the system and a rejection notice pm goes to the initiater. If approved, the Update Trade full page link will open up to both parties and the initiater will get an Approved PM.
- You complete the trade via TM and PMs, updating your status as you see fit
- Once done you mark the status as Completed. This will allow your partner to leave you a comment. Once they mark it as Completed or Comment Posted you can then leave your partner a comment and rating
- If you wish, you can click the Hide button to move that specific trade from your main My Trades page to your My Hidden Trades
To trade via other's trades (e.g. I need some extra cash and so I'm going to find someone paying for refs and do their site):
- Find trades through browsing threads, as per usual.
- Click the poster's Offers link and initiate the trade you want to start
- At that point, same as the above steps.
All rules are the same, except now comments will be a lot easier and the entire comment process will be much more efficient. You no longer need to list the trade details in your comments.
All TR and comments were successfully moved to the new system, as you can see if you have TR, click the My Comments link in TM or click the link in your post sidebar.
The TM link in the header should be pointing to the new system and profiles list your rating twice, and your offers page link once. I know there will be questions, and I know I forgot some stuff, so if I missed something or you need further clarification, please post/ask away.
UPDATE TO 1.5
Jan 11 2009, 12:59 AM
Its finally here, Trade Manager 1.5.
All issues and suggestions have been fixed and incorporated, and every page has been optimized and improved to make it quicker and easier to navigate, regardless of how many trades you are currently working on. Here is a quick rundown of most of the new features and changes:My TM Settings:
* Currently Trading? Turn off to disable your Trade Offers so that no new initiations can be made.
* Default sorting column and type for my Trade Offers and My Trades (i.e. `amount` DESC, or by order #)
* Number of rows per page for members VIEWING your Trade Offers, administrating your Trade Offers, and your My Trades pages.
* Create custom header banners for your Trade Offers/Comments/Comments ByNew Trade Offer functionality:
From the Edit/Add trade offer page you will see new options:
* TM 1.0 showed all the input boxes regardless of the type of trade offer you were creating/editing. 1.5 only displays the necessary input boxes, based on the selection you make in the Trade Category dropdown. This should cut down on the annoying errors experienced when submitting.
* Pin: Force the offer to appear near the top of your trade offers when a member views it (in a Pinned Section). You can also pin an offer from your My Trade Offers page via the pin image, simply click the image to pin/unpin.
* Hide: Hide an offer if you want to disable any new initiations on it, but don't want to delete it. Only you and TM Staff can see it, and no one can initiate it. It appears pink in your Offers page when invisible.
* Privatize: Input a member's display name to hide it from everyone but yourself, TM Staff, and the member you input. It auto searches the members database so you can easily input the correct spelling. Your Private Trade Offers appear beneath your Pinned Trade Offers.New Trades functionality:
* After initiating a Trade Offer, the trade initiator has the option of retracting their initiation from their My Trades. A Pm will be sent to the Trade Offerer upon a retraction. Of course trades cannot be retracted if the offerer has already "started" it.
* TM 1.0 did not show your own status, you needed to click Update Trade to view your status. Now instead of Update Trade, it shows your status. Just click your status to visit the Update Trade page.
* Statuses are color coded, to easily differentiate between the current status of your trades. Scammed/On Hold is red, completed/comment posted is green, etc. New Update Trade functionality:
* In trades that involve paypal, the payer can now reveal their trade partner's actual paypal email. Within that same window you can add a bonus to the total amount paying. This bonus will then show for both you and your trade partner, as well as the comments later on. The payer can also remove said bonus.
* A 3rd trade page: Trash. Hidden trades is now coined "Archive". You can move the trade to either area and then use the dropdown on your My Trades page to view your Archived or Trashed trades. Sorting:
* All pages with rows of data (My Trades, Comments, Trade Offers, etc) can now be sorted by clicking on the column title you are interested in. Click again to reverse the order.Banners:
* The header above your offers/comments/comments-by pages is fully customizable in your settings. Works very much like a normal post, shows your avatar, tr, member info by default and you decide what goes in the main post area. You can upload your own background image or banner and/or pick a background color. Any transparent images used will allow the background color to shine through.View Only a Specific Trade Category:
* The category image in all rows is clickable to only show that particular category.
* The same functionality is in a new dropdown on the bottom right of the your pages. So if you have 40 trades but you're only interested in viewing one of your 3 old For Sale trades, click on the For Sale image or via the dropdown to narrow your view to only your For Sale trades.Quick Search/Advanced Search:
* Works just like our board's quick search box/more options page. You can search your trades and trade offers as well as anyone's comments and comments by. Most fields are included in the search. For example if want to quickly find an old 3604free.com trade, simply search your trades for '3604free' and you'll see all your trades with that word in the site name, ref link, notes, etc. Mass Reorder Trade Offers:
* Now you can quickly edit your custom # ordering system of your trade offers. Simply input the number you wish into as many of the rows you wish and click the Edit Order button beneath. If you reorder your offers frequently, you may want to raise the number of offers/page for your My Trade Offers page via your TM Settings. Member names and TR CURRENT:
* TM 1.0 displayed the member's name color, TR, avatar, etc based on what they were at the start of the trade. Now it displays only the most current information. That shouldn't have been like that in the first place, but I was (am) a n00b, lol.TR Linked and in Footer:
* Next to each username in the footer is now their TR number, which is linked to their comments page (##). This linked TR is also displayed in other places such as your trades pages. Top Traders:
* Search for specific members and/or show by group.
* More columns, like the Positive/Negative/Breakdown, avatar, posts, etcTrade Taker vs Trade Offer Comments:
* In addition to the category/search/column sorting, you can now show only comments made as a Trade Offer or Trade Taker. Accessible in the bottom right dropdown, where the categories are.
I'll be creating some bbcodes as well so its easier for you to post links to your trade offers and comments, but my head is about to explode so I'll do that tomorrow.
So get to trading! Please use this thread to report any bugs, any mistakes, any pages shouldn't be showing an error or are showing something that it shouldn't. I retooled a lot of stuff so its very possible that even after a week of testing with my staff, there might still be some problems that need fixing. Thanks!edit for bbcodes: (doesn't work in sigs as of yet...)
(These are listed in the Quick Access box on the Posting Screen, btw)
[tm offers="6178"]joanna84r's Trade Offers[/tm offers]
turns into:joanna84r's Trade Offers
[tm comments="46131"]missyts1's Trade Manager Comments[/tm comments]
turns into:missyts1's Trade Manager Comments