How to complete a trade on Anything4free.com using the Trade Manager
The Trade Manager is a fairly simple tool to use if you are familiar with trading referrals and the freebie industry. However it can be quite confusing to newbies who are not familiar with the language and information being shown. So this tutorial is really two in one. There is the quick tutorial that will give veteran traders, who are new to the trade manager a quick tool for reference, and then there is the long guide for new members to not only help you learn how to use the trade manager but also explain what some of the terms are and the processes involved in trading referrals. Short Guide to Using the Trade Manager:Setting up a trade with another user:
1. Find a trade partner, If you are in their trade thread simply click on the link on the left hand side of the screen under their username where it says, “Trade offers”
2. Next click on the “more info” tab next to the trade you are interested in.
3. Fill in the required information, click yes next to commit to trade, and click on the “initiate trade button”
4. Wait for your trade partner to accept or reject your trade
5. After your trade partner accepts the trade go into the trade (click "Trade Manager" tab at the top of any page and select the "my trades" link from the "Trade Manager Menu") and click on the site link and complete the trade.
6. After the site has been completed use the “my status” area to select that you are green.
7. After your trade partner completes their end of the trade via sending you paypal or completing your site the trade is complete. And both you and your trade partner should select “completed” from the my status options.
8. After you have marked your end of the trade as “completed” your trade partner will be able to leave you a TR comment. And vice versa.
9. Once both users have completed the trade, and left TR ratings for each other, the trade is complete and can be moved to your trade archive or deleted (your choice).
10. You can view your archived trades by selecting the "my trades" option from the "Trade Manager Menu" box and towards the bottom of the page on the right side where it says, "View Only" you can select "Archive" from the list and view your archived trades or "Trash" to view your deleted trades. You can also filter your trades shown in your trade manager to only view, R4C, R4R, R4O, or FS trades. Setting up your trade offers
1. Click on the “Trade Manager” tab at the top of any page, and in the “Trade Manager Menu” box select “Add Trade Offer”
2. Then select the type of trade, time, and order and fill out any necessary information about the trade, including any comments you would like to make about the trade.
3. Once you have filled out the information click “Add Trade” and the trade offer will be added to your trade offer list.
4. If you would like to modify the trade later you need to go back to the “Trade Manager Menu” and select “My Trade Offers” here you will see a list of all of your trade offers. You can change the order in which they are shown as well as make any changes to the offer here.
New Users Guide on How to Use the Trade Manager: Terms to know: Anything4free.com (A4F)
– A site dedicated to helping people find referrals to complete their freebie sites in addition to being a community of friends, with a common goal of finding Anything for free. Trade Manager
– This is where all your trades will be set up on A4F. It is a tool to help you organize and track your trades. You can access your trade manager at anytime by clicking on the tab at the top of any page on A4F titled “Trade Manager”. Trader Rating (tr)
– Your tr is the number of positive trades you have had. For every trade you complete you and your trade partner will be able to leave each other a positive, negative, or neutral rating and a comment about the trade. For every positive rating you get, your tr will increase by 1 point. Green
– When you agree to trade with someone, you are agreeing that you will “green” on their freebies site, in exchange for cash, a “green” on your freebie site, or some other means of payment. To be “green” you will need to sign up for their site with 100% accurate info (name, address, phone #, email, etc.) and you will need to complete the appropriate amount of offers (the number of offers you need to complete will vary depending on the site). Once you have signed up for the freebies site, completed the appropriate amount of offers, and received credit for the offers you will be “green”.Where to Start:
To start a trade you will first need to find a trade partner. In the Anything4free “Forums” scroll down to “The Trading Post”, here you will find 4 trading forums. Or you can go into your Trade Manager by selecting the “Trade Manager” tab at the top of any page on A4F, then click “My Trades” from the “Trade Manager Menu” box. Here is where your trades will be stored once you have set them up, but for now you can click the “Find Trades” button on the right side of the screen below the “Trade Manager Menu” box, and it will take you to the trading forums.
If you are new to Anything4free you will need to find a trade partner, in the “Beginners Trading Post” this is a forum for users with 0-4 tr to trade with premium or 50+ tr members. The “Beginners Trading Post” is a safe place for new users to trade with experienced traders without having to worry about being scammed. Once you have a 4+ tr you will then advance to the main trading forums on the site “Referral 4 Cash Trades”, “Referral 4 Referral”, and “Referral 4 Other Trades”.Referral 4 Cash Trades (R4C)
– In this forum you will find posts from people who are looking to pay other people cash (paypal) for signing up and greening on a freebie site for them. (The main forum in the “Beginners Trading Post” is a Referral 4 Cash trading forum). Referral 4 Referral (R4R)
– If you are already a member of a freebie site and would like to find someone to trade a green on your site for with a green on their site this is the place to go. Here you can browse other people’s posts of sites they are looking to green on and sites they are looking for referrals on. (In the “Beginners Trading Post” the Referral 4 Referral and Referral 4 Other Trades is combined into one forum). Referral 4 Other Trades (R4O)
– Here you will find people looking to trade greens for many different items. For example, someone could offer to give away an ipod shuffle for a green on two of their freebie sites. (In the “Beginners Trading Post” the Referral 4 Referral and Referral 4 Other Trades is combined into one forum).For Sale (FS)
- There is also a “For Sale/Want to Buy” forum in the “General" area of the forums. Here users can post items they would like to sell or items they would like to buy in a thread. Items sold or bought from this thread may be set up in the trade manager similar to setting up a trade for a referral, more on this below. Setting up the Trade:
After you have browsed the trading threads and found someone you would like to trade with, you need to set up the trade. To set up the trade while in a users trade thread look to the left of their original post, below their username, and click on the number next to where it says “trade offers”.
This link will take you to that user’s trade offers. Here you will see a list of the sites they are looking for referrals on and how much or what they are offering for your green. Find the site you would like to green on and next to the site click where it says “More Info”
After you click “More Info” you will see the specifics of the trade.
Items in Bold below are typical Headings you will see in the trades and what they mean. Type:
Is simply what type of trade the offer is, the possible types are; Referral 4 Cash, Referral 4 Referral, Referral 4 Other, For Sale (FS), or Other 4 OtherSite Name:
Is just the name of the freebie siteAmount Paying:
The price the user will pay you for your green (only seen in R4C)You’ll Get:
The item being offered for a green (only seen in R4R)Item You’re Buying:
The item being sold (only seen in FS)Cost:
The price of the item (also only seen in FS)Trade Partners Offers:
This is a link to the offers available on the site being traded. This will not always be there but is for information only and you should not sign up for the site using this link. It is just there to provide you with an idea of the offers being offered on the site. When you’ll get paid/traded:
This is when your trade partner will pay you for your green. You will either see On Green, On Approval, or Same Time. “On green”, means that after you are green you should contact your trade partner letting them know and they will pay you as soon as possible. “On Approval”, means that after you are green, your trade partner will contact the site to have your green approved either buy cashing out for their prize or submitting a support ticket on the site, once they have received word from the site that your green is valid they will send you your payment (this process can take a few days to complete). “Same Time” is mostly just for R4R trades and would be used when both users are going to sign up for the site at the same time. Order:
The order displays which user is to complete their end of the trade first.
There may also be a section that asks for information from you, depending on the type of trade you are pursuing. In Referral 4 Cash:
You will be asked for your paypal email (so you can get paid by the other member when the trade is complete) and your sign up email (this is the email you will use to sign up for their freebie site). In Referral 4 Referral:
You will be asked for the name of the site you want to trade for, the referral link to your site, the offer link to your site, and your sign up email address.
Finally at the bottom of the page it says "Commit to Trade" if you are ready to set up the trade click “yes”. NOW click the “Initiate Trade” button and you have officially sent a request to the other user.
After you “Initiate” the trade a pm will be sent to the other user asking them to “Accept” or “Deny” the trade. After they have Accepted or Denied the trade you will receive a pm with their decision. If the trade is denied find another trade partner and initiate a trade with them. If the trade is accepted you are ready to get going with the trade. Managing the Trade:
After you have initiated a trade and the other user accepts the trade, the trade will be automatically set up in your “Trade Manager”. The pm that is sent to you after the trade is accepted by your partner will have a direct link to the trade. However if you ever want to get to your trade without this link all you need to do is click on the “Trade Manager” tab at the top of any page in the forum. After you click the “Trade Manager” tab you will see a box called the “Trade Manager Menu” here is where you can manage all your existing trades, and set up new trades and manage your trade offers. To go to your existing trades click “My Trades”, Here you will see a brief overview of all the trades you have set up, including the day it was started, who the trade is with, site name, price, and the status of the trade (both your status and your trade partner’s status).
After the trade has been accepted you will need to go into the “trade manager” and find the specific trade, to view all of the information for your trade click on the link under the “my status” column where it says “started”. Below I will explain what is shown on this page.
First on the page is a space for notes to you from your trade partner. There is also a space further down where you can leave notes for your trade partner, anytime you need to contact your trade partner about this specific trade you can do so here.
The other information between the notes from your partner and the notes to your partner is the same information discussed earlier in this tutorial when we were initiating the trade. The only difference is now there is line that says, “Trade Partners Link” next to that is the name of the site which is a link to the freebie site with your partner’s referral id. This is the link you need to use to sign up for their site. So when you are ready to sign up for their site (if you are doing a R4C, R4R or R4O) trade you will do so here.
Another set of information in the trade is your status and your partner’s status. To change your status, select an option from the pull down menu next to where it says, “my status”. Below are the choices you can select. Started:
This is the automatic option selected when you initiate a trade. Offers Completed - Waiting for Credit:
Select this option after you have signed up for your partner’s site and completed the appropriate amount of offers. Offers Credited – Green
– Select this option after you have signed up for your partner’s site, completed the appropriate amount of offers and received credit for them on the site. Waiting for Approval
– Use this option if you are waiting to pay your partner for their green or sign up for their site until after they have been approved by the freebie site. Paypal Sent –
If you are trading R4C and are the one offering the cash for a green, select this option after you have sent the payment to your partner. Item Sent
– Select this after you have sent your partner an item that was purchased by them from you, or an item that was traded via R4O. Completed
– Only select completed when the trade is finished on both sides. So if you are greening for cash, select this option after you have gone green and your trade partner has paid you for your green. Comment Posted
– After the trade is completed and you have left a TR comment for you partner you can select this option just as a finalization to the trade. My Partner is On Hold
– If a user you are trading with goes on hold use the option to let them know they are on hold, and give them a little time to fix it. If they aren’t able to fix it select the next option (scammed).Scammed
– Use this option when your trade partner scams you, typically by going red (be placed on hold) after you have paid them for their green (R4C) or completed their site (R4R) Trade Cancelled
– If you and your trade partner decide not to complete a trade you can select the cancel trade option to end the trade. This does not automatically delete the trade.
In any trade communication is key, so to make it easy anytime you update your trade either by changing your status, leaving your trade partner a comment, or leaving a TR rating you can have a pm sent to your partner informing them that a change has been made to the trade. It will also send them a specific link to the trade in the pm, so they can quickly see the change. Whenever you make a change in your trade manager you need to click the “Update Trade” button at the bottom of your trade to save the changes. However, before you click “Update Trade”, right above that where is says, “Send PM informing your trade partner of this update?” you can decide whether you want to let your trade partner know of the changes you made. Just select one of the options from the pull down menu; No, Basic Update (default selection), Update Please, Comment Please, and Mark Completed Please. If you mark No it will not send them a pm. If you mark any of the other options it will send them a pm letting them know you updated the trade or would like information from them. If you updated the trade and don’t need any action from them select “basic update”. If you would like them to give you an update on their status, select “Update Please”. If they have not left you a TR rating you can select “Comment Please” asking them to do so. And if the trade is completed and they have not marked their end of the trade as completed you can ask them to do so by selecting “Mark Completed Please”.
The last piece of information shown on the trade manager for a specific trade is an option for where you would like to store the trade. Towards the bottom of the page where it says, “Archive or Delete this trade?” you can select where you would like to keep the trade. Typically if the trade is in progress you will want to keep it in “my trades”. If the trade is complete and you and your partner have left a tr rating for one another you can select “Archive” and this will move the trade out of your “my trades” area into the “archive” where you can still access the trade if you need it but it won’t clutter your “my trades” area. The final option is to delete a trade, typically used if you cancel a trade, and don’t want to keep in your trades or archive, however you can delete a trade once it is complete if you prefer to do so instead of archiving it. How to Leave a TR Comment:
After a trade is completed you will be able to leave your trade partner a Trader Rating (TR), and they will be able to leave you one. The Trade Manager is set up where you cannot leave a TR comment for your partner until the trade is complete. So once a trade is complete you need to mark your end of the trade as “completed” by changing your status. Once you do this there will be a place on your partner’s trade page to leave you a positive, neutral, or negative rating as well as a place for them to leave you a comment. So for you to be able to leave your partner a comment the reverse needs to happen and they will have to mark their end of the trade as “completed”. Once they mark their end of the trade completed there will be a place on your trade manager page to leave them a TR rating and comment. For every + rating you receive from a trader, your trade rating will go up by 1 point. Setting Up Your Trade Offers:
So now that you’re a pro at using the trade manager to accept other people’s trade offers, I bet you would like to know how to set up your own. Now that you know the basics of the trade manager and how it works and the language involved in the trades, setting up your own trade will be quite simple.
To set up a trade offer you need to go to your “Trade Manager Menu” (you can get here by clicking the “Trade Manager” tab at the top of any page). In the “Trade Manager Menu” click on “Add Trade Offer”, here you will need to select the type, timing, and order of the trade (for any trade type), and then fill out the other necessary information asked. (All of the verbiage here is the same as the information in the “Setting up a Trade” section of this tutorial above). There is also a comments area where you can add any specific info about the trade you want, for example if you are looking for people to green by a certain date you could add those conditions in the comments area, or if you are offering a bonus for completing a site in 24 hours you could add those details here as well.
After the comments box there are a few more options you can select. Trade Row Color
- You can add a color to your offer by adding a color number to the box. Make Private?
– If you are listing a trade that is only intended for a specific user you can enter their username in the box next to “make private” and then only they will be able to initiate that particular trade with you. Pin Offer Topic? –
This is a nice feature where if you select the box next to “Pin Offer Topic” it will put that offer and your other pinned offers at the top of you offer list when other people are viewing your trade offers. Hide Trade Offer –
This is a nice feature as well that allows you to select this box if you do not wish to offer a particular site at that time, but don’t want to delete the trade offer because you plan to use it in the future.
So now that you have filled all the required information in, select the “Add Trade” button at the bottom of the page. Your trade offer has now just been added to your “trade offers”. Search, Settings, and More
If you ever need to search your trades to quickly find a specific trade, you can do so by clicking the “search” link on your “trade manager menu”. Here you can search for keywords in your; my trades, my offers, my comments, or my comments given.
You can modify some of the trade manager settings by clicking the “settings” link from your “trade manager menu”. Here you can change your “my offers” link on or off, as well as control how many offers are displayed on your offer page and the default order in which they are displayed.
Last but not least is where to find your archive trades and how to sort your trades in your trade manager. By default anytime you select “my trades” from your “trade manager menu” you will see all of your current trades (all trades not placed in the archive or the trash by you). However you can sort them by type (R4C, R4R, R4O, FS, O4O) or have it show you your archived trades, or deleted trades. To sort the trades, once in your “my trades” section of the trade manager, scroll to the bottom of the page. On the right side of the page there is a yellow box that says “View Only”, move your mouse over this box and a list will appear, simply select what you would like to view and it will switch your trade manager to that view. This only switches the view while you are on this page, when you leave and come back to your “my trades” page it will go back to the default of showing all of your current trades.
Well that’s all folks. I hope you learned something from this tutorial and didn’t fall asleep before you made it this far. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Written by: ammcar
Hello friend, I just wanted to say that I absolutely admire your friendly advice on how to trade for whatever others have and are asking for. I was a little bit confused about what I needed to do for the trade to work. I am still wondering what is best for me and how to get started making money now. I have been trying everything possible for a chance to make something on here but nothing has come about yet. I'm just starting out on this website and I was going to be patient with my work and focus on the way everyone else is doing it. In time I should be a great marketing entrepreneur but I'm still working on my own and don't really have no help with the way this works. Well that's my thoughts. Glad to get my practice for this moment. Talk about it more later.