Quick Member Login

Username: Password:
Remember me ? / Forgot Password?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

A4F is experiencing an Error currently. We are working on getting this resolved. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
By: gogoWes
Featured Site: Advertise on A4F!

> Offer Discussion Forum Rules

Because incentive sites rely on advertisers to send gifts, we ask that you do not encourage users to cancel offers, or provide any information for cancellation. If a user does not want to keep an offer, he/she may do their own research on how to cancel. Thanks for helping to keep free sites free!

You may post information about the offer, but please keep the talk of cancellation out of it so that the topics may remain open for other members to add their thoughts. Help keep this forum organized and easy to search for other users by checking first to see if there is already a thread open before posting a new topic, everyone will appreciate it.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topic  Start new topic
, Only log in from home at all times
post Dec 17 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #1
Reward Mouse Miss Edie
MissEdie

Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,306
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

We just want to stress that traders need to give Correct information, and always do offers from one computer.
YOU need to do offers from your home computer and use your correct home information and phone. (This does not mean "hey I had my laptop I did use my own laptop but I used it at school, work, a bar, a hotel, etc...) When you use your laptop anywhere else but at home your "IP" changes and causes problems. It does not matter that you are "just logging in to check your account and not doing offers." This rule applies always.

Those using wireless internet cards, and cellphone internet! Please be aware that you most likely will come up with
IP matches and your IP could be coming from a totally different STATE when using this type of internet connection!
Yes it is the time of NEW ways to "Connect" but please understand when you use these types of connections you run
the risk of your offers not crediting or being revoked by the offers. You are also running the risk of being held or
banned on IFW sites if your ip comes in from another state. Why? Because you become too high risk

QUOTE (Swift Rewards @ Dec 17 2009, 10:30 PM) *
add satellite internet to the list of things to watch out for. but we mostly see verizon wireless, tmobile, alltell, etc causing the most problems. both ip matches and non-crediting of offers.
QUOTE (Rick614 @ Dec 18 2009, 09:59 AM) *
What about if you have more then one computer at home. I have 3 all going through the same router. Will that cause problems if I used two different pc's. I have only used one since I have started but its in need of upgrading. So it will be down for a couple days.

and just a heads up, since bad offers were mentioned. I did the Mozy Backup offer, it has now charged me the trial fee $4.95 three times. They did not send a confirmation email, and when asked if they could resend it they said they couldnt. I actually wanted to keep this since I think its great, but the support is F-

QUOTE (Freebies4Me.net Staff @ Dec 18 2009, 10:17 AM) *
Your router obtains the IP, and then distributes to all your computers in your house. So you can definitely use any one of the computers in your house that are attached to a single router. Just make sure you don't allow anyone else from outside your household (neighbor/friend/etc) to use your router to complete offers. That will create issues. Also roommates would be off limits. Remember these offers are per HOUSEHOLD, and not per person. Once a member of your household completes an offer, that's all the manufacturer will allow in terms of free or discounted trials for that household...period.

We have been getting traders from offices and public computers, motels and even bars/restaurants more and more and this needs to stop for the betterment of the incentive industry. You need to understand that the IFW site is not the only one that checks your information. The "Offers" also do their own fraud prevention and track "IP's" too. Although we may request ID and such in these situations the possibility of the offers revoking your credits for this type of thing is VERY HIGH.

We have seen a high rise in people using "Prepaid Cards"! This is one of the main reasons for offers not
crediting or being revoked. DO NOT USE THEM! In fact many offers do not allow "Debit Cards" now. When doing
offers make sure you read all their "Terms Of Trial" so you know this! This can cause your offer to not credit or
to be revoked too.

As I stated before, many offers are doing their own anti-fraud checking. This usually includes "Calling you to Verify".
If you state you did not do the offer, cancel when they call, or do not answer your phone the offers will consider you
a "Fraudulent Lead". Please answer your phone and verify your offers.

Early Cancel and not using an offers service is also considered a "Fraudulent Lead" and causes revokes. Always
try out the offer you do. If it's an internet based offer you need to log in and actually use the service! You can not
just do a trial and never log in just because it "Credited"! Because the offers KNOW when you login and where from!
If you do not do this you run the risk of your offer being revoked. Even though the trials say "Cancel anytime"
that does not mean so in the "Incent Industry". You need to choose offers
you are really interested in and give them a good TRY please.

It has come to a point that the IFW sites are not going to be able to be so lenient anymore in these situations. So
PLEASE make sure you keep to all the rules of freebie trading.

Thank you GRF Lori for contributing to this.

--------------------
Not trading at the moment
Accidentally fell into a new hobby that pays
HELP STOP SPAM! REPORT IT! IT IS KEPT CONFIDENTIAL! DO YOUR PART! REPORT IT!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Dec 17 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #2
On the fringe...
Kat

Personal Tag
Group Icon
Group: A4F Supervisors
Member No.: 14,499
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Pinned for everyone. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Dec 17 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #3
<?while (1 < 2){ work(); }?>
gnznroses

Group Icon
Member No.: 5,288
My Inventory

add satellite internet to the list of things to watch out for. but we mostly see verizon wireless, tmobile, alltell, etc causing the most problems. both ip matches and non-crediting of offers.

--------------------
gnznroses aka SwiftRewards. I used to own a grade B freebie site, back when freebie sites were relevant.

Prevent software installation | Prevent installing | cpa affiliate network

+Quote Post
post Dec 17 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #4
If you're confused, I can help. :)
kdshaw

Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: A4F Premium
Member No.: 15,580
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Excellent post!

--------------------
~Ready to get started? Not sure how?Click here!~
~Honest~Experienced~Trusted 5 year trader~
~Here to help you get started~

~TR 4 or above? Click here!~

+Quote Post
post Dec 17 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #5
I Teach You Green I Pay It's That Simple !!!
shobert

Personal Tag
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: Superior Freebies
Member No.: 52,342
My Inventory

Great Job Miss Edie and Lori !!!!!

--------------------
New ? Click On Banner To Get Started
AIM:pgshobert123 YIM: p_shobert Phone 405-872-9903

TR Of 4 or More ? Click Here

+Quote Post
post Dec 17 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #6
How do I change this?
ZCF/AGR Mike

Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: ZeroCostFreebies
Member No.: 38,745
My Inventory

Lori and Edie have a good thread here. I think you'll find if you read the Terms of Service of most freebie sites, all these things are located there.

A good read though!

--------------------
Owner of ZeroCostFreebies and AeternusRewards

Contact us at 970-823-2328

or at ZCFmike or AeternusMike

+Quote Post
post Dec 17 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #7
:D
melmarie80

Personal Tag
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: A4F Admin
Member No.: 919
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Thanks for posting!

+Quote Post
post Dec 17 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #8
Insane Freebieist
sheeba411

Personal Tag
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: A4F Trade Cops
Member No.: 8,262
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Great Post. Thanks for posting it!

--------------------
AIM Support = Innovus Bonnie

AIM Support = RocketbillsHelp2

★★Ready to Earn & Learn?★★ See my offers HERE

+Quote Post
post Dec 17 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #9
1 million A4F points for $25
Realwood70

Personal Tag
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Member No.: 50,313
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

This is an excellent post, Great job.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Dec 18 2009, 12:43 AM
Post #10
Reward Mouse Miss Edie
MissEdie

Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Member No.: 23,306
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Thank you

--------------------
Not trading at the moment
Accidentally fell into a new hobby that pays
HELP STOP SPAM! REPORT IT! IT IS KEPT CONFIDENTIAL! DO YOUR PART! REPORT IT!

+Quote Post
post Dec 18 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #11
Insane Freebieist
stickerz

Group Icon
Group: Gold Donators
Member No.: 37,048
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

if it's such a big problem then make the IP thing a main point for the users when they sign up, or something. put it in bold letters, something. i know about it, a lot of us know about it, but we also get our info on this forum and helpful users and have been told to read the terms and conditions. not everybody knows about it, or would think about it. if they are not committing obvious fraud then they would not think they are doing something wrong. all the rest of the internet you are free to access it however you like, wherever you like. except here with theses sites. so again if it is innocent people you are trying to help out, then make a bigger statement about it somewhere in the terms and/or the sign up page of the site

thank you for adding that part about the offers you are interested in. i could not agree more. and talking about cancellation is not allowed on this forum, either. with that said, it goes both ways. the offers need to not scam people, there has to be some basic quality to them (reachable, predictable billing, they follow their own terms). the bad offers give people a bad impression about the whole freebie scene and how they complete offers. and i hope also to see more variety of offers in the future like there used to be. i think that is part of the problem

+Quote Post
post Dec 18 2009, 03:19 AM
Post #12
Freshie
Prakster

Member No.: 72,283
My Inventory

I found this very useful, and I'll definitely keep it in mind. Thank you!

+Quote Post
post Dec 18 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #13
Advanced Member
Rick614

Member No.: 71,921
My Inventory

What about if you have more then one computer at home. I have 3 all going through the same router. Will that cause problems if I used two different pc's. I have only used one since I have started but its in need of upgrading. So it will be down for a couple days.

and just a heads up, since bad offers were mentioned. I did the Mozy Backup offer, it has now charged me the trial fee $4.95 three times. They did not send a confirmation email, and when asked if they could resend it they said they couldnt. I actually wanted to keep this since I think its great, but the support is F-

+Quote Post
post Dec 18 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #14
Freebie Elite
Freebies4Me.net ...

Group: Freebies4ME
Member No.: 22,245
My Inventory

Your router obtains the IP, and then distributes to all your computers in your house. So you can definitely use any one of the computers in your house that are attached to a single router. Just make sure you don't allow anyone else from outside your household (neighbor/friend/etc) to use your router to complete offers. That will create issues. Also roommates would be off limits. Remember these offers are per HOUSEHOLD, and not per person. Once a member of your household completes an offer, that's all the manufacturer will allow in terms of free or discounted trials for that household...period.

--------------------
We have shipped over $200,000 since May 2007. Come visit us today at www.freebies4me.net/network!

Follow us on Twitter today (@freebies4me)

+Quote Post
post Dec 18 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #15
Freebie Elite
GitRFree-lori

Group Icon
Group Icon
Member No.: 14,673
My Inventory

QUOTE (kinneylamb @ Dec 17 2009, 11:55 PM) *
if it's such a big problem then make the IP thing a main point for the users when they sign up, or something. put it in bold letters, something. i know about it, a lot of us know about it, but we also get our info on this forum and helpful users and have been told to read the terms and conditions. not everybody knows about it, or would think about it. if they are not committing obvious fraud then they would not think they are doing something wrong. all the rest of the internet you are free to access it however you like, wherever you like. except here with theses sites. so again if it is innocent people you are trying to help out, then make a bigger statement about it somewhere in the terms and/or the sign up page of the site

Interesting you bring this up Kinneylamb. If EVERYONE actually READ the Terms and Conditions on IFW sites and the Trial sites this is all stated in one and somtimes both of them. But the problem is MOST do NOT read any Terms for anything. Then we are the bad guys when we have to hold or ban. And the offers are the bad guys when they bill for something you actually agreed too already yet didn't know because you did not read.

As for when you do these trials on the internet you say these rules do not matter? True. But the affiliate you are doing that offer for that get's paid for you doing it in this case? They do not know who does the offer nor give an incentive for you doing it. Therein is the whole issue here. IFW sites do keep track and the people that do offers on IFW sites expect to get their "credit" and "incentive". And when they don't most will get very upset about it. We hear, "But I was billed!" "I did everything right!", "You owe me my credit!". Yet again, if people read the IFW Terms they will also read we can not guarantee crediting due to many things that can happen during the crediting process. Most IFW sites even have what we call "Crediting Guides" too. Thing is if people do not read them there is nothing else we can do. Heck we even have our software check if your cookies are enabled and you get a nice reminder that pops up telling you they are not enabled if they if you don't have them on. As for putting the information in big letters? I doubt people would pay attention anyway really. For example for MCR we have in BIG red letters "Wait 3 days before submitting". But nope over and over I get MCR sometimes within 10 min. of people doing offers. Another example? All offers on our sites are clearly marked in red "MCR ALLOWED". Yet people are always trying to get MCR on offers that are not marked with that. Why? Because on those not marked we can not get MCR on. But heck they try all the time. Submitting emails and support tickets with their proof of purchases. Now many know full well they are submitting for NON MCR offers they even tell us that but still want their credit. My point here is I think the IFW's do everything we can to "Help" people understand and know the rules they just do not want to take the time to actually read.

When you do these same offers anywhere on the internet? You don't know who you are doing them for (who will be getting the commission) and you do not expect a gift for doing those offers either. Why? Because in these instances? The people that do these offers? They REALLY want to TRY it. So these rules would not apply really. If you do an offer and do something wrong the advertiser just doesn't pay that affiliate for you doing the offer. Since they do not have to give a gift it's no skin off their nose see what I mean? This is the huge difference between the two.

thank you for adding that part about the offers you are interested in. i could not agree more. and talking about cancellation is not allowed on this forum, either. with that said, it goes both ways. the offers need to not scam people, there has to be some basic quality to them (reachable, predictable billing, they follow their own terms). the bad offers give people a bad impression about the whole freebie scene and how they complete offers. and i hope also to see more variety of offers in the future like there used to be. i think that is part of the problem

Yes doing offers you are interested in is very important. But I know when I traded or trade I do offers that say my son or daughter would like. Or another family member. Like an ebay type offer? My son does ebay so I have done some of those, told him to try them out, and if he liked them I kept them and paid for them for him. (Ah what parents do for their kids! hahha).

As for the offers? All I can say about that is if we get to many complaints about an offer we take it down. I don't know what other sites do but we do. That is really all the IFW's can go by. If there are offers that you feel are not doing things right you should actually let the sites you work with know about them so we can take action. Let me also say at this point again. A "Bad offer" to you could be a case of not reading their Terms of Trial. (Just keep this in mind please).

As for variety of offers and the prices? You have seen the variety go down, and the prices go up because of all the fraud in the incent industry. It's just not going to be how it used to be due to this point. We all wish that was different believe me!

I hope this all helps.

Blessings

Lori
Customer Support
GRF

--------------------
You are more than a green to me! You are a potential friend and business associate! TR on FLR 290, RS 8, FIPG 2!! Git-r-free Support aim gitrfreelori if you need me let me know!

+Quote Post
post Dec 18 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #16
Insane Freebieist
stickerz

Group Icon
Group: Gold Donators
Member No.: 37,048
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

yes the MCR rules are clearly listed in git-r-free and many other sites, and users who don't read it, it is their own fault.

i am just saying IP stuff is not common knowledge to a lot of people, so mayyybe it should be bolded in the terms and conditions and put somewhere on the freebie site front page or main account page, as well. could reduce number of support tickets complaining "but i did it on my computer!" also, who knows. i never saw a guy doing freebies at a bar, but i will have to look for that next time

a bad offer is one that does not follow its own terms and conditions, all the way through flat out fraud. seattle coffee, bella sole jewelry, and shop dani are infamous for this. they bill at crazy intervals (as fast as 2 days apart) when their sites at least say bi-monthly, but this is not the case. or they continue to bill up to a year after the user does not have a membership anymore. medical billing and freedom from alcohol were big ones too. instead of billing you monthly they sent you a letter with a $300 balance plus late fees and lawyer fees, or some fraud like that, for no reason. easy tweets is becoming a popular one now, too. multiple billings from all over the world. i do not think that is what people meant when they say "i want to see the world". anyways, this is the type of bad offers i am talking about. all this info is in the offers forum

sorry for the long post but ya know i just wanted to explain those two things further

+Quote Post
post Dec 18 2009, 04:42 PM
Post #17
Freebie Machine
OurLoot2Boot

Group Icon
Group: OurLoot2Boot
Member No.: 12,824
My Inventory

Great post edie. This is very true. This is why we lose so many offers, there would be a lot more available for our sites if the revoking wasn't so bad lately. Look how many sites have closed over the last 4 months, it wasn't because they didn't want to do it anymore, they were slammed with one mass revoke after another. Doesn't seem like people realize how bad this effects freebie sites. Sites pay out instantly, but don't get paid for 30 or 60 days, IF they don't get issued revokes.

I hope there is a brighter future for freebies down the road. Too many people do an offer from one state and have an IP from another state, I don't know many offers that will pay for leads like this, most revoke. They pay for legitimate leads and they do not consider these type valuable. Up to us as site owners and you as traders to stop these kinds of leads and get valuable leads, for the sake of all freebie sites and your trading businesses.

Without YOU sites can not make it, and without US you can not make it. It takes all of us to make this work, it is YOUR business too. So let's take care of it so it will stay around for a long time, help warn your referrals about the ip issues and all the other stuff with offers that will keep them from getting revoked.

Bad offers STINK and if we find that one is scamming people, it is immediately pulled from our sites. Seems like the new ones that are hurting people are the Easy Grant and Easy Tweets, we pulled these a couple weeks ago.
Site owners and traders can make a difference.

--------------------
OurLoot2Boot Network Established in 2007 and Still Going Strong!
FEATURING.......

+Quote Post
post Dec 18 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #18
Advanced Member
Rick614

Member No.: 71,921
My Inventory

QUOTE (Freebies4Me.net Staff @ Dec 18 2009, 10:17 AM) *

Thanks for clearing that up!!

+Quote Post
post Dec 20 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #19
Insane Freebieist
referralriot

Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: Referralriot
Member No.: 27,646
My Inventory

Very good post Edie. I agree with kinneylamb. Not alot of people know about IPs and how they work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Dec 21 2009, 01:16 AM
Post #20
Insane Freebieist
Friendly4Newbies

Group Icon
Group Icon
Member No.: 52,937
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Great Posts, and To be made public on the Forum helps those OUT that do NOT stop to read the Terms of Service on the IFW networks........ Here it is said, and being said, The rules stated plain as day..... So please keep these for future ref's..... and let them know... IT should be Posted on the Noob University Also, As made a part of the training for them to see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Offer Discussion · Next Newest »

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic  Start new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 30th July 2015 - 09:07 AM

RSS

IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here