Quick Member Login

Username: Password:
Remember me ? / Forgot Password?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

A4F is experiencing an Error currently. We are working on getting this resolved. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
By: gogoWes
Featured Site: Advertise on A4F!

Reply to this topic  Start new topic
, is there an effective way?
post Dec 23 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #1
MarkoNik

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,050
My Inventory

There are a few things I'm in the market for, and it seems to make sense to find offers for those things. I'm going to be buying them anyway, so I may as well make money and work toward green while I'm at it, right? Things like VoIP phone service and an electronic cigarette.

Is there any effective way to find out which sites currently have an offer for, say, an e-cig or Sensa?

--------------------
The dude will abide
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Dec 23 2011, 04:40 PM
Post #2
Under the influence of Happiness ~ aka alcohol
sb8408

Group Icon
Member No.: 47,276
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (MarkoNik @ Dec 23 2011, 03:24 PM) *
There are a few things I'm in the market for, and it seems to make sense to find offers for those things. I'm going to be buying them anyway, so I may as well make money and work toward green while I'm at it, right? Things like VoIP phone service and an electronic cigarette.

Is there any effective way to find out which sites currently have an offer for, say, an e-cig or Sensa?

A great way is to post and people will post what they know...

I'll go search and see what I can find.

--------------------
$35 trainns through April 15th! or until I run out of trainn! I am retiring! Get them while I can.

+Quote Post
post Dec 23 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #3
MarkoNik

My Inventory

Sharon, you rock! I just sent you a trade update. A REALLY wordy one.
1272342163-useremo.gif

Thanks for your answers to my PMs AND your fantastic answers to my forum posts. Maybe I should just abandon my "strategy" and do ALL my trades with you. [He says jokingly]

QUOTE (sb8408 @ Dec 23 2011, 05:40 PM) *
A great way is to post and people will post what they know...

I'll go search and see what I can find.

--------------------
The dude will abide

+Quote Post
post Dec 30 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #4
MarkoNik

My Inventory

OK, so I've done three trades now. Had planned out which offers to do for my next few trades. And then got confused. unsure.gif I started looking at too many things, I think.

I've resorted to my favorite standby: the spreadsheet. I'm creating a cross reference of offers & sites. Listing which offers are available on each of the sites and what their credit weight is with that site. I'm also putting in a description of each of the offers, with details regarding what's required for each of the offers. (i.e., XYZ Book Club, 5 books for 99 cents plus s/h then buy 4 more in 12 months. Total cost $80-$120.) This way I can have all the information in one central place to help me make my choices for the next few trades.

As you may have guessed, I have already spent dozens of hours on this. (And I sure thought I'd have more trades completed by now, but this sidetracked me quite thoroughly!) So I'm wondering if something like this already exists? Either in spreadsheet form or on a website, so I can sort by different criteria. I think it would definitely be worth a few dollars if it could save me a hundred or more hours of work!

Which leads to another question. If something like this does not already exist, do you think anyone would be interested in buying from me once I complete my spreadsheet of all the offers & the sites each is on? Would something like this violate any agreements? I'd contact each of the networks for their approval/permission, and hopefully their cooperation in keeping me updated with any changes to their site requirements and offers available. What would be a fair price? (Assuming that I can do this without stepping on toes and getting myself into trouble.)

Like I said - I've gotten completely sidetracked. I've got several trades listed that I want to do (and had planned to have at least two more done by now) but I've taken this bumpy road of gathering reams of information. I would love to create a comprehensive resource as I've outlined - just because I enjoy that kind of thing - but would also be quite thrilled if someone has already done so and I can buy it from them.

Any thoughts?

--------------------
The dude will abide

+Quote Post
post Dec 30 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #5
Insane Freebieist
marharyta

Member No.: 89,561
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

We all can come up with lists like that. Well, those of us , who take trading seriously. I'd say keep it to yourself, as sharing this list would be a major violation of all the agreements. You can not tell people what offers on what sites to do. You can get banned from A4F and from sites you are working on for doing that. There is even a specific term for this kind of activity. It's called ''walking through''. People should decide for themselves and do only offers that caught there attention and they would be interested in completing. Plus offers are changing all the time. One day it's there the other day it's gone. So, you would have to update your list like every week biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Dec 30 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #6
MarkoNik

My Inventory

QUOTE (marharyta @ Dec 30 2011, 06:55 PM) *
We all can come up with lists like that. Well, those of us , who take trading seriously. I'd say keep it to yourself, as sharing this list would be a major violation of all the agreements. You can not tell people what offers on what sites to do. You can get banned from A4F and from sites you are working on for doing that. There is even a specific term for this kind of activity. It's called ''walking through''. biggrin.gif

I know you're not supposed to walk people through, or suggest which offers to do. That's not at all what this would be, as no offer would be promoted, highlighted, or in any way set apart from the rest of them. It's just a listing of ALL offers that are available on each of the sites with additional details of each offer. No rating of the offers or putting them in any order other than alphabetical. So I can't see how that would be a violation as I wouldn't be suggesting to anyone which offers to do. Merely providing them, in one single place, with all the information already available. Maybe putting the details of each offer could loosely be seen as "walking through". Anyway. As I read and reread the TOS, I won't be surprised if I do indeed come across something that would make this idea a violation. That said, I will keep looking at those Terms to see if there is anything that would prohibit such a thing. I think maybe I should contact a couple of the networks, too, so they can weigh in on it.

The whole thing stems from the fact that I want to be able to search a database for items that I already want to buy AND from the fact that I do not want to inadvertently duplicate an offer by not knowing which products are the same product that's simply under a different brand name. Well, and to help my plot my course.

Thanks marharyta for your input. I will definitely use this only for myself unless it turns out that it would be okay with the networks/sites.

Happy Trading!

Edit: Just found a post that said noting the contact phone number can help with determining which offers may be related. What a helpful tip!

--------------------
The dude will abide

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Freebie University · Next Newest »

Reply to this topic  Start new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 29th July 2015 - 02:59 PM

RSS

IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here