Quick Member Login

Username: Password:
Remember me ? / Forgot Password?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

A4F is experiencing an Error currently. We are working on getting this resolved. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
By: gogoWes
Featured Site: Advertise on A4F!

Reply to this topic  Start new topic
, Please explain why he can't since he won't listen
post Jan 8 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #1
Freshie
Blazesian

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,181
My Inventory

So, this seems odd, I know. I live in the same household as my parents and my dad thinks this is a GREAT opportunity, but I've explained that he can't join in because we're in the same house. He thinks this is unfair and I can't seem to explain it well enough for him to NOT try and put my account in jeopardy to test this theory.

SO, could you please explain WHY he can not do this so I can show him and prove I'm not being a 'money-hog'?

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Jan 8 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #2
Let Me Help You To Sign Up~Go Green~Get Paid~It's Simple!
butterboy2524

Personal Tag
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: Bronze Donators
Member No.: 45,379
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (Blazesian @ Jan 8 2012, 06:29 PM) *
So, this seems odd, I know. I live in the same household as my parents and my dad thinks this is a GREAT opportunity, but I've explained that he can't join in because we're in the same house. He thinks this is unfair and I can't seem to explain it well enough for him to NOT try and put my account in jeopardy to test this theory.

SO, could you please explain WHY he can not do this so I can show him and prove I'm not being a 'money-hog'?

Thank you!

You are not quite correct in what you have posted.

You can put in a support ticket to A4F if your Dad wishes to join here, and to any freebie site your Dad wishes to sign up to of which you are already a member and explain that though you share an IP address, (which I assume you do if you are in the same household) you are two separate people.

Some freebie trading forums and freebie sites will allow multiple members from the same IP address as long as each of you can provide ID as evidence that you are two separate persons. But, some freebie sites also will NOT allow this, and the only way to know for sure is to submit a support ticket.

Also, your Dad can sign up to and complete offers on any freebie site of which you are already NOT a member.

+Quote Post
post Jan 8 2012, 07:27 PM
Post #3
Freshie
Blazesian

My Inventory

Really? I wasn't aware of this. So you're saying ( just to be clear ) I should first submit a support ticket to the freebie sites and ask for permission/give explanation and on any forums message an admin explaining the situation?

--EDIT: Scratch that! Now we're confused b/c the main issue is IP addresses right? If we have two separate computers we'll both be okay, right? Even though we share the same internet connection?

I thought we weren't because I was just flagged for CHECKING my account through my CELL-PHONE which is separate from my laptop? Which is why I figured he couldn't use his laptop to sign up w/o jeopardizing my account.

+Quote Post
post Jan 8 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #4
Let Me Help You To Sign Up~Go Green~Get Paid~It's Simple!
butterboy2524

Personal Tag
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: Bronze Donators
Member No.: 45,379
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (Blazesian @ Jan 8 2012, 07:27 PM) *
Really? I wasn't aware of this. So you're saying ( just to be clear ) I should first submit a support ticket to the freebie sites and ask for permission/give explanation and on any forums message an admin explaining the situation?

--EDIT: Scratch that! Now we're confused b/c the main issue is IP addresses right? If we have two separate computers we'll both be okay, right? Even though we share the same internet connection?

I thought we weren't because I was just flagged for CHECKING my account through my CELL-PHONE which is separate from my laptop? Which is why I figured he couldn't use his laptop to sign up w/o jeopardizing my account.

Without getting advance permission, you are correct that your Dad cannot sign up to any freebie network if you've already completed a freebie site yourself on that network. What I said earlier is correct - your Dad and you would have the same IP address, so if he wishes to sign up to a site on a network to which you already belong, you need to ask in a support ticket if this is permissible.

Separate computers don't generate separate IPs, IP is based on the Internet Service Provider, which is why a different IP was generated when you used your cellphone since it must have a different Internet Service Provider than your home computers.

If your Dad wants to sign up to a freebie network site to which you DO NOT belong, he can do so with no problem. As an example, if you have done NO sites on the XXX network, he can sign up to and complete an XXX site with no problem. If you decide later you want to complete an XXX site, your Dad would need to put in a support ticket, explain that you have the same IP, and ask if you are also permitted to do sites on XXX network.

Each network has its own separate rules on this. Some will allow multiple users from the same IP while others will not. Multiple users from the same IP are a red flag for a possible scammer, so pre-approval is a must if your Dad and you want to complete sites on the same freebie network.

Same goes for A4F, put in a ticket and explain that your Dad wants to join here from the same IP and they may allow it.

+Quote Post
post Jan 8 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #5
Freshie
Blazesian

My Inventory

Thank you. You clarified a lot ! (:
We're aiming to just get another internet connection ( like an AirCard or something ) that's separate so it's not as much of a hassle.

+Quote Post
post Jan 9 2012, 09:41 AM
Post #6
Let me show you the "GREEN" and help you to success :)
meziane67

Personal Tag
Group Icon
Member No.: 39,467
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

to add, if u do offers from the same billing address it might send up red flags too so keep good records on that so you don't get into the red area

--------------------
100%+ payout on Customfreebies - EZ sites - Get bonus for doing multiple sites so PM me
Fast pay and excellent support

+Quote Post
post Jan 9 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #7
Freshie
Blazesian

My Inventory

Thanks for the tip! (:

+Quote Post
post Jan 9 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #8
Insane Freebieist
islaygirl

Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: Silver Donators
Member No.: 29,870
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

yes. the offers usually are only 1 per household = street address. and I don't think you can get around that unless the terms say different. and that means whether or not you do/have done the offer through a freebie site or directly. e.g., I can't do Netflix, because my housemates already did it directly. to make getting credit smooth, having the billing address on your credit card or bank debit card match the street address you are using is the best.

Air Card service can be its own problem. because it is a mobile service, I think the IP address will be dynamic. with a changing IP address, there is a chance that there will be a match with someone else's at some point. it's like using a shared computer facility. also, it may not match your real geographic location. definitely ask the freebie site and any forums their rules about this first. here's a thread about IP address issues from the Offer Discussion forum, in case you haven't read it. >> http://www.anything4free.com/forums/index....howtopic=163221

since your Dad is focused on the earning potential, let him know that if you get snagged by the rules and banned, you'll both be out of luck for the "free" $$! best of luck!

--------------------
l~US/International ~4 yrs Exp ~IM/Phone..>> Let's Trade! (TR>4)..>> Need a Trade Thread?l
l
lLooking for "sailing buddies". $20-$30 & 1TR for each 1 or 2 offers!l
lGo Green on Consoles.FreebieJeebies or Pick2.CustomFreebies by April 28!
l

+Quote Post
post Jan 29 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #9
Freshie
Denifost

Member No.: 96,662
My Inventory

Clarify things out. Good thing, i've read this thread. I just read the link you posted islaygirl.
Thanks.

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Freebie University · Next Newest »

Reply to this topic  Start new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 28th May 2015 - 01:00 PM

RSS