Quick Member Login

Username: Password:
Remember me ? / Forgot Password?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

A4F is experiencing an Error currently. We are working on getting this resolved. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
By: gogoWes
Featured Site: Advertise on A4F!

Reply to this topic  Start new topic
, I need help with communicating with everyone.
post Feb 1 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #1
Freshie
ziggystardust

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,709
My Inventory

Am I allowed to ask for personal information when I PM a member for the first time? (ie., when I click on send message below their photo) I do not want to break any rules but I am brand new to posting to forums, as well as PM ing people, and A4F and I am totally confused and I don't want to break any of the rules.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Feb 1 2012, 09:48 AM
Post #2
:D
melmarie80

Personal Tag
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: A4F Admin
Member No.: 919
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

PMing a person is usually to ask for their specific help or start trading with them. When you get in trouble for PMing a person is when you are doing it to solicit a trade or general spamming them. That would not be allowed.

(General spamming would be like sending a PM like "Hey I have a cool website, you should check it out")

+Quote Post
post Feb 1 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #3
Advanced Member
gamegreen

Member No.: 33,490
My Inventory

You can basically ask anything you want in PM

Name
Phone Number
Address
Credit Card Number

Ok, so maybe you can take it too far, but in general yes you can ask smile.gif

--------------------

GENERATE referrals. Pay 0%

Trading going slow? Learn other ways to earn at: gamegreen's A4F Blog

+Quote Post
post Feb 1 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #4
Insane Freebieist
marharyta

Member No.: 89,561
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (ziggystardust @ Feb 1 2012, 09:40 AM) *
Am I allowed to ask for personal information when I PM a member for the first time? (ie., when I click on send message below their photo) I do not want to break any rules but I am brand new to posting to forums, as well as PM ing people, and A4F and I am totally confused and I don't want to break any of the rules.

Sounds like we are on a dating forum. Lol.

It's not like somebody is always looking over your shoulder ..... to get into trouble for pm'ing your spam pm's need to be reported by the other party. So you can ask them anything that might spike an equally beneficial trade. Just don't send bold referral links, like Mel said, weather it's a freebie site or your own website or other stuff the other party would have no interest in what so ever.

Good luck trading! And yes ( in regards to your introduction post) , you will be able to find traders here that offer phone support. Just have to look through thread closely.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Feb 2 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #5
Insane Freebieist
Ezekial

Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: Gold Donators
Member No.: 32,292
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

There are restriction to the type of PMs you can send, there was once a time when I would get daily messages from people phishing for people to do ref 4 cash for them, since then it has become against the rules to spam people like this, this has been helpful in keeping people from sending out mass messages for referrals.

If you want someones attention I would suggest PMing them as most trade posts are filled with bumps and just accessed by the creator via bookmark never going through the individual posts on so it could be missed, always PM when you want to trade.

--------------------
My Trade Thread - Ref 4 Cash

+Quote Post
post Feb 2 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #6
#1 Top Mentor and #2 Trader wants to help you get started!
Red Rose Marie

Personal Tag
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Member No.: 49,307
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (Ezekial @ Feb 2 2012, 01:15 PM) *
There are restriction to the type of PMs you can send, there was once a time when I would get daily messages from people phishing for people to do ref 4 cash for them, since then it has become against the rules to spam people like this, this has been helpful in keeping people from sending out mass messages for referrals.

If you want someones attention I would suggest PMing them as most trade posts are filled with bumps and just accessed by the creator via bookmark never going through the individual posts on so it could be missed, always PM when you want to trade.

Most traders are subscribed to their thread topics which sends a PM to them automatically to let them know that someone has replied to their trade thread to go and look so it is beneficial to the party that is either replying to the trade thread or sending a PM to do whichever they are most comfortable with doing. However, it is against the rules for the traders to try to entice someone to bump their trade threads instead of PMing them for help, trades, questions etc.

--------------------
HIGHEST PAYOUTS HERE

If your TR is 4 or over click HERE!
DON'T CHEAT YOURSELF START WITH #1 MENTOR TO HELP YOU TO SUCCESS!

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Freebie University · Next Newest »

Reply to this topic  Start new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 28th July 2015 - 05:21 AM

RSS

IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here