Quick Member Login

Username: Password:
Remember me ? / Forgot Password?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

A4F is experiencing an Error currently. We are working on getting this resolved. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
By: gogoWes
Featured Site: Advertise on A4F!

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topic  Start new topic
post Jan 14 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #1
AUSTRA!
emoney

Group: A4F Veteran
Member No.: 2,514
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

MAJOR UPDATE

TR RULES:

I've removed all the previous TR Rules, because now with the new Trade Manager almost all of the rules are built-in to the system, so there is no way to do an "illegal" trade. However, there are a couple exceptions that still should be mentioned:

• $15 is the magic number. If you want to leave your fellow trader a comment in order to get a TR (Trade Rating) point, the trade value has to be at or above $15. So if you are doing non-cc sites and paying $5 for example, you need to manually trade with that person for 3 non-cc greens, which would equal $15 and therefore allow a comment to be approved for the trade. This goes for currency exchanges, loans, etc.

• Mark it Complete or Comment Posted. When a trade is complete and therefore you want to leave a comment and rating for your partner and have them do the same for you, you MUST update your status within that trade to Completed or Comment Posted. If you do not, the system does not think the trade is ready for comments so it does not allow comments to be added.

• No TR without TM. This is a given... but just so we're clear, you cannot earn a TR point for a trade unless that trade was setup and completed through our Trade Manager.

Quick HOW-TO Operate Trade Manager and Trading on A4F:

• To get started trading, head to our Beginner's Trading Post and find some trades. Once you do, click that user's Trade Offers number from their user info on the side of their post and in their profile. Find a Trade Offer from their Offers page that interests you and click More Info. From the proceeding page, read the details and if they work for you, click Initiate Trade after filling out the form. Then once the offerer approves your initiation, you'll be trading. biggrin.gif
  • So you'll get a PM informing you that your trade initiation has been approved and the trade has now officially started. That PM will also contain a link to that specific trade, so click that to go there or go to your My Trades page and click your status to get to that trade's page. That page is where pretty much everything else related to that specific trade will happen. You will see your trade partner's link listed, so click that which will bring you to the freebie site. Then sign up and do an offer to get credit. For a more in-debth discussion on this part (completing offers) please see this thread for a guide and link to other guides. Then go back to your trade page and change your status accordingly, most likely one of the Offer(s) Complete statuses.

• Once you do get credit for the offer (be sure to check the freebie site from time to time if you are waiting for credit), then mark your status to Offer(s) Complete - Green and let your partner know. They should then send you paypal and mark it Completed. Once you verify you received the paypal, Mark your side Completed and then leave a comment and rating for your partner and they will do the same for you.

• Now that the trade is done, mark it Comment Posted and a TM Moderator will be there to approve your comment shortly. Once approved, you'll get a PM from the person who approved it, stating that it was approved. If its rejected, you'll also be notified. Once both parties have left feedback, you can go ahead and move it to your Archived Trades so you can focus on the rest of your still on-going trades.

Trading Permissions and TR

Trade Rating < 4 TR: Members under 4 TR can ONLY access the BTP and can ONLY reply in threads.
  1. Beginner's Trading Post

Trade Rating > 4 TR Members and Premium Members < 4 TR: Members at 4 TR or above and Premium Members under 4 TR can ONLY access the 3 normal trading forums and can BOTH reply and create new threads. You can now add your own trade topics by clicking the New Topic button on the top right side of the page from within any of those 3 forums. If you have at least 4 TR and you want access to the BTP to create your own topics there and therefore trade with n00bs under 4TR, you could click the A4F Memberships link in the Site Menu dropdown in the board header (look up and to the right)...
  1. Referral for Referral
  2. Referral for Cash
  3. Referral for Other

Trade Rating > 4 TR Premiums: Premium Members at 4TR or above can access BOTH the BTP and the 3 normal trading forums and of course can BOTH reply and post new topics.
  1. Beginner's Trading Post
  2. Referral for Referral
  3. Referral for Cash
  4. Referral for Other

And those trading forum TR rules apply EXACTLY THE SAME in Trade Manager. So if you want to trade with a n00b to get TR via the TM, you have to be 4+TR Premium.

There is 1 exception to those above TR rules, if you were 50+TR BEFORE Premium Membership was announced, you were entitled to 1 free year of Beginner's Trading Post access. That doesn't mean they got to change their group to Premium, it just means they had access to trading with under 4TR in the forums and in TM.

--------------------
MEL IS THE GREATEST=MEL IS AWESOME
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Jan 14 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #2
The Free Site Master
twhite56

Group: Members
Member No.: 98
My Inventory

Guys maybe I didn't make it clear. You use the new trader database for this....

+Quote Post
post Jan 14 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #3
Freebie Elite
Adam

Member No.: 4,675
My Inventory

How do you do that. Where is it?

--------------------
Check out my great travel website!
www.EuropeStudentGuide.com

+Quote Post
post Jan 14 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #4
Let's get down to brass tacks... how much for the ape?
FSR Chris

Group Icon
Group: A4F Coders
Member No.: 5,568
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

There's a link at the top of each page in the navigation, right below the banner, that says "Trader Database".

--------------------
FSRevolution: The most comprehensive, widely-used incentive marketing script available (referral, points, and cash-based).
Demo | Features | support@fsrevolution.com

Currently over 400 active licenses!

+Quote Post
post Jan 14 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #5
The Free Site Master
twhite56

My Inventory

I've also included a link on the first post.
-Trevor

+Quote Post
post Jan 15 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #6
Massive Site Owner Scammer
midfielder100

Group Icon
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,189
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Figure I would post this because someone else already asked about it:

QUOTE (midfielder100 @ Jan 15 2006, 04:25 PM) *
Well the ranks are as follows:

Beginning Trader: 5 or less trades

Intermediate Trader: 6 - 15 trades

Advanced Trader: 16 - 25 trades

Expert Trader: 25 - 50 trades

Professional Trader: 51 - 75 trades

Supreme Trader: 76 - 100 trades

Insane Trader: 101 - 150 trades

Master Trader: 151 or more trades

--------------------
star, jeff and tubbs. <3
R.I.P. yasmine

+Quote Post
post Jan 17 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #7
Stand! Fight! The city is ours!
chris1152

Member No.: 4,627
My Inventory

QUOTE (twhite56 @ Jan 14 2006, 01:13 PM) *
Rules for the Feedback System:

1. Only post when a trade is complete. If found posting when a trade is pending, the comments will be removed. If you believe you are being scammed, post in the Trader Feedback section instead of leaving negative feedback on the user. If a user does not go green, this means that the trade is not complete. Therefore, instead of posting a negative comment, please create a topic in the Trader Complaints forum. Also, do not feel that you have to give a user a positive trade. If the green or item took a perticularly long time to arrive, reflect that using a neutral/negative rating.

Dumb question, but can you only leave feedback after both people have fulfilled their ends of the trade?

For example, if person X goes first in a trade and then goes green, is it okay to leave feedback before I have greened for him or do we have to wait until all is done?

Chris

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
post Jan 17 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #8
AUSTRA!
emoney

My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (chris1152 @ Jan 17 2006, 03:33 PM) *
Dumb question, but can you only leave feedback after both people have fulfilled their ends of the trade?

For example, if person X goes first in a trade and then goes green, is it okay to leave feedback before I have greened for him or do we have to wait until all is done?

Chris

Wait until the trade is complete. Just makes it easier.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jan 17 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #9
The Free Site Master
twhite56

My Inventory

RULES UPDATED. Make sure to note the changes!

+Quote Post
post Jan 23 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #10
AUSTRA!
emoney

My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Added my examples based on popular demand smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Feb 4 2006, 04:51 AM
Post #11
Insane Freebieist
WillTradeRefs

Member No.: 5,691
My Inventory

I have a question.. a trader gave me a neutral but I am almost 100% positive he meant to give me a positive its just that he did this back when the radio button was on neutral by default.. not that it matters that much but if he agrees he did this by mistake could he enter a new positive rating for me and just say 'whoops meant to give positive instead of neutral before' and could the neutral be removed... I know with 23+ and 1 neutral nobody really cares but me.. . I try to keep a perfect record and I really think he did it by accident b/c I was very fast on the green and good in communicating and also he left me 'positive' comments with the 'neutral' rating.

Just wondering, not trying to be asinine..

WillTradeRefs

--------------------
A4F: +37 FiPG: +33 RefSwapper: +14 Ebay: +21 = +105

+Quote Post
post Feb 4 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #12
AUSTRA!
emoney

My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Fixed it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Feb 8 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #13
AUSTRA!
emoney

My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

From here:

After reviewing many of the recent trader comments made, it has come to my attention that a majority of the comments do not meet the requirements for an appropriate comment. Every comment should consist of 2 parts: The technical apsect (site, amount of $, commission $, etc) and the personal aspect (communication, reasonability, quickness, etc).

Remember to follow these guidelines:

Referral for referral trades: List both sites involved

Referral for cash trades: List the site involved plus the type of payment receieved (ie. Paypal, Stormpay, Egold, etc.)

Referral for other trades: List the site and the item/service involved.

Currency trades: List the amount traded and what types of currency were involved.

-----> And remember that only trades of $20+ count and you are only allowed a maximum of 2 currency trades between any 2 users.

From now on, any comment without the above criterion will be removed. Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Feb 20 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #14
AUSTRA!
emoney

My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Updated. Commission trades are no longer counted as TR.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Mar 13 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #15
Relax, we ownz j00.
Azalie

Member No.: 2,925
My Inventory

I got a comment from a user from a finished trade but it didn't go towards my trade rating. Why was that?

Okay I'll get more clear.

I traded w/ BD2006. I left a positive comment for him and it counted and his tr went to 2. He left a comment for me (actually it showed he left 2) but this morning I have no comment, show "given 7" but my positive is still 6. I know his comments were positive. DId he just leave a good enough comment (by the rules)? sad.gif

--------------------
Unofficial A4F rating: +19
Traded with: airxxi, slugger82685, funstuff, sonnyisthinkN, coolstuff (aka MissionImpact), Gatita, BD2006, cry0638 (2x), napoem, mellon23, goofyre, Vigu, jr5 (dq'd & refunded), nccgs, Rangerbob86, wishwell85, kmd107, DC2004

NEED GREENS:
ZeroPricetags.com (0+0) of 7

Received: 20GB Colour iPod (Gratis/Freepay: 23 Aug 2005); 512MB iPod Shuffle (TD Canada Trust: 28 Sept 2005); Sony PSP (Gratis/Freepay: 1 August 2006)

+Quote Post
post Mar 13 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #16
AUSTRA!
emoney

My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (Azalie @ Mar 13 2006, 03:10 PM) *
I got a comment from a user from a finished trade but it didn't go towards my trade rating. Why was that?

Okay I'll get more clear.

I traded w/ BD2006. I left a positive comment for him and it counted and his tr went to 2. He left a comment for me (actually it showed he left 2) but this morning I have no comment, show "given 7" but my positive is still 6. I know his comments were positive. DId he just leave a good enough comment (by the rules)? sad.gif

The comment was probably deleted because it didn't fit the guidelines. Tell him to read the TR rules and leave another one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Mar 13 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #17
Relax, we ownz j00.
Azalie

My Inventory

Thnku!

--------------------
Traded with: airxxi, slugger82685, funstuff, sonnyisthinkN, coolstuff (aka MissionImpact), Gatita, BD2006, cry0638 (2x), napoem, mellon23, goofyre, Vigu, jr5 (dq'd & refunded), nccgs, Rangerbob86, wishwell85, kmd107, DC2004

NEED GREENS:

Received: 20GB Colour iPod (Gratis/Freepay: 23 Aug 2005); 512MB iPod Shuffle (TD Canada Trust: 28 Sept 2005); Sony PSP (Gratis/Freepay: 1 August 2006)

+Quote Post
post Mar 13 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #18
mel told me to change this
Joe

Group Icon
Member No.: 5,633
My Inventory

Could we lower the required ref for cash amount to $15? because I see a lot of people offering $15~$18 for trades... and I think that $15 is still a fair amount of money and should count towards TR.... just my $.02

-joe

+Quote Post
post Mar 13 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #19
AUSTRA!
emoney

My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (joe @ Mar 13 2006, 03:24 PM) *
Could we lower the required ref for cash amount to $15? because I see a lot of people offering $15~$18 for trades... and I think that $15 is still a fair amount of money and should count towards TR.... just my $.02

-joe

The strict 20$ rule is only for currency exchanges. Paying 15 for a normal referral site can still count as TR.

I use the word "normal" because trades for non-cc ref sites such as the new ones ThisStuffforFree and the textpayme ones don't count as TR.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Mar 14 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #20
Relax, we ownz j00.
Azalie

My Inventory

Having problems with feedback again/still. :/

I have one request:

If comment is approved/denied, that the moderator mention the name of the person you were leaving the comment for. That way when I left 3 diff comments on the same day, I know which reply refers to which comment made.

Okay, so the one I had a problem with I've resubmitted and it should be fine like the other two.

I did three trades and all three went well w/o a problem and I've left feedback for the other ppl and though my "given" has gone up by 2, my TR has not. cry0638 and BD2006 said they'd leave feedback for me so I think they're the ones who tried to. I also traded w/ napoem. Is there any way these trades could be verified and added to feedback of each person?

Don't get me wrong, I like the way it works now, but it'd be good if the feedback could be given to BOTH people in the trade. Kinda pointless if I'm giving feedback to others but my TR doesn't go up b/c they either don't bother to leave feedback for me and/or don't leave it correctly.

--------------------

NEED GREENS:

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Trader Support · Next Newest »

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic  Start new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 06:18 AM

RSS