Quick Member Login

Username: Password:
Remember me ? / Forgot Password?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

A4F is experiencing an Error currently. We are working on getting this resolved. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
By: gogoWes
Featured Site: Advertise on A4F!

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topic  Start new topic
post May 20 2006, 09:07 PM
Post #1
Big P
Free4Me Peter

Group Icon
Group: Free4Me
Member No.: 2,345
My Inventory

Lately a lot of people who have been new to freebies have had problems getting credit. This post is a reference tool that I reccommend sending to anybody you are trading with to ensure they get proper credit. Here we go!

1: Before logging into a site, ALWAYS clear your cookies. This is the MAIN problem regarding not getting credit. If you have not cleared your cookies and you have clicked the offer elsewhere you will get credit there instead of on the site you want it.

2: ALWAYS use Internet Explorer or Firefox. Other browsers have known issues with crediting.

3: ALWAYS make sure your cookies are on the lowest setting to accept them all.

4: DISABLE ANY antivirus, spyware, firewalls, or ad checking software. What a lot of people don't realize is any of these programs can either interfere with the cookies that make an offer track or they can block offer tracking in other ways.

And last but not least, if you do not get credit, you need to understand that it is NOT the fault of the site you did it on. This goes for anywhere you do an offer. When you do an offer, if you don't get credit, it is because something on your end did not go correctly. That is why it is VITAL to make sure the above things are done, otherwise you are seriously risking your chances of not getting credit. Hope this clears things up for some people who have been having problems!

-Peter

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post May 20 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #2
ZeroPricetags Admin
JKirk

Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: ZeroPricetags
Member No.: 1,907
My Inventory

Thanks for the very useful guide, Peter. I'm going to go ahead and pin it. smile.gif

--------------------
My email: admin@zeropricetags.com
My AIM: ZeroPriceTags

Total value of gifts shipped: $850,000+
Been in business since: January 23, 2007
Monthly special: $50 per referral, no strings attached! Click here to see details.

+Quote Post
post May 20 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #3
Insane Freebieist
Illidan

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,857
My Inventory

QUOTE (Free4Me Peter @ May 20 2006, 10:07 PM) *
Lately a lot of people who have been new to freebies have had problems getting credit. This post is a reference tool that I reccommend sending to anybody you are trading with to ensure they get proper credit. Here we go!

1: Before logging into a site, ALWAYS clear your cookies. This is the MAIN problem regarding not getting credit. If you have not cleared your cookies and you have clicked the offer elsewhere you will get credit there instead of on the site you want it.

-Peter

This is interesting. I never had a issue with crediting but i didnt know about this. I thought clearing your cookies was just for tickle offer.

--------------------
-0-

+Quote Post
post May 20 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #4
Freebie Veteran
RedSky

Member No.: 7,346
My Inventory

Really good guide,thanks for the guide Peter smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image Received!!! $500 Amazon GC

+Quote Post
post May 20 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #5
... and scammers, too
IEatFreebies

Group Icon
Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,703
My Inventory

Nice guide,it's helpful although I've never missed a credit on Free4me sites tongue.gif

--------------------
I blow

+Quote Post
post May 20 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #6
I got a free plasma!
rwgrier

Group Icon
Group: Gold Donators
Member No.: 4,368
My Inventory

A great guide. Thanks!!

--------------------
+47 Anything4Free | +8 CongaBlast | +23 Referral Swapper

Checkout my iPhone App - MyCntDwn

+Quote Post
post May 21 2006, 04:43 AM
Post #7
???
FreebieGrab

Member No.: 3,305
My Inventory

Nice one Peter, thanks!

+Quote Post
post May 21 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #8
Massive Site Owner Scammer
midfielder100

Group Icon
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,189
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Additional generic complement!

--------------------
star, jeff and tubbs. <3
R.I.P. yasmine

+Quote Post
post May 21 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #9
CustomOrderThis Owner (Tman196)
CustomOrderThis

Member No.: 5,881
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (Free4Me Peter @ May 20 2006, 07:07 PM) *

2: ALWAYS use Internet Explorer or Firefox. Other browsers have known issues with crediting.

3: ALWAYS make sure your cookies are on the lowest setting to accept them all.

4: DISABLE ANY antivirus, spyware, firewalls, or ad checking software. What a lot of people does realize is any of these programs can either interfere with the cookies that make an offer track or they can block offer tracking in other ways.

And last but not least, if you do not get credit, you need to understand that it is NOT the fault of the site you did it on. This goes for anywhere you do an offer. When you do an offer, if you don't get credit, it is because something on your end did not go correctly. That is why it is VITAL to make sure the above things are done, otherwise you are seriously risking your chances of not getting credit. Hope this clears things up for some people who have been having problems!

-Peter

It should be don't. thumbsup.gif
That said, nice job Peter.

--------------------
COT= Closed. RIP <3

+Quote Post
post May 22 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #10
Big P
Free4Me Peter

Group Icon
Group: Free4Me
Member No.: 2,345
My Inventory

Thanks, fixed smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jan 29 2007, 05:32 AM
Post #11
Freshie
Richard Norton

Member No.: 13,725
My Inventory

To: Whomever this reaches= IO am a Total Noob- a grandpa who is lost in the bushes! Is there somewhere a guide to getting started that breaks things down into step by step directions? I mean, something that doesn;'t assume you know about half of what you're told, but rather doesn't know ANYTHING about this business. Everything I've read so far gives at least a few instructions that are greek to a newbie. Does such a help guide exist? If not, then I am sure I speak for many, many new people who wish there was! I'll wait now for an answer to this query before I whine any more. Thanks

P.S. Just as a for instance: This request that I have typed. When I look at the rest of this form, I'm lost! I don't see an "Enter". I have no idea what to do with this now that I've typed it!! This form is way too complicated for a noob! Everywhere I look all I see is complicated stuff with no explanation and I can see right now that I am about to bow out without ever having done anything at all. I thought I had found a great site but I am so lost that if I dont get some help fast, the frustration level is going to choke me and I don't see why it has to be this way!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
post Jan 29 2007, 05:38 AM
Post #12
That's right, you're "SPECIAL"...
Johnathon

Group Icon
Group Icon
Member No.: 12,838
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (Richard Norton @ Jan 29 2007, 02:32 AM) *
To: Whomever this reaches= IO am a Total Noob- a grandpa who is lost in the bushes! Is there somewhere a guide to getting started that breaks things down into step by step directions? I mean, something that doesn;'t assume you know about half of what you're told, but rather doesn't know ANYTHING about this business. Everything I've read so far gives at least a few instructions that are greek to a newbie. Does such a help guide exist? If not, then I am sure I speak for many, many new people who wish there was! I'll wait now for an answer to this query before I whine any more. Thanks

P.S. Just as a for instance: This request that I have typed. When I look at the rest of this form, I'm lost! I don't see an "Enter". I have no idea what to do with this now that I've typed it!! This form is way too complicated for a noob! Everywhere I look all I see is complicated stuff with no explanation and I can see right now that I am about to bow out without ever having done anything at all. I thought I had found a great site but I am so lost that if I dont get some help fast, the frustration level is going to choke me and I don't see why it has to be this way!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if there is any such step by step guide, but if you need anything at all, just post it in the 'Freebies 101' section of these forums and someone will be more than happy to help you. (it's kind of a long scroll to get to the submit button on a post, so you'll have to scroll down a bit wink.gif)

Click here to jump to the Freebies 101 section of the forums!

--------------------
Need a mentor? Look no further! View my Beginner's Trading Post thread.

Completed Sites:
xbox360.clickperks (5/5): $350 Paypal - Submitted 1/26/07 - Paid 02/02/07 - ZeroPricetags (10/10): $400 Paypal - Submitted 02/04/07 - Paid 02/04/07 - FreebieSplash (3.5/3.5): $285 Paypal - Submitted 03/01/07 - Paid 03/19/07 - RocketBills (1/1): $60 Paypal - Submitted 02/04/09 - Paid 02/04/09 - Cash.ZeroPricetags (1/1): $40 Paypal - Submitted 02/08/09 - Paid 02/08/09 - One2Green.InnovusNet (1/1): $30 Paypal - Submitted 02/10/09 - Paid 02/11/09 - One2Green.InnovusNet (1/1): $30 Paypal - Submitted 02/11/09 - Paid 02/11/09 - One2Green.InnovusNet (1/1): $30 Paypal - Submitted 02/11/09 - Paid 02/11/09 - One2Green.InnovusNet (2/2): $60 Paypal - Submitted 02/12/09 - Paid 02/13/09 - One2Green.InnovusNet (2/2): $60 Paypal - Submitted 02/14/09 - Paid 02/15/09 - One2Green.InnovusNet (1/1): $30 Paypal - Submitted 02/24/09 - Paid 02/24/09 - Silver.FreeTreasureChest (1/1): $60 Paypal - Submitted 02/24/09 - Paid 02/26/09

+Quote Post
post Jan 30 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #13
Scammer
technicsdj

Group Icon
Group: Scammer
Member No.: 14,365
My Inventory

Wow, thanks for the guide, I see now why some of my offers didn't validate, thanks.

--------------------
Completed...

rewards parade ($100 gift card), national survey panel ($100 gift card), everyfreegift.com ($250 check recieved), yournintendowii4free.com *gold bundle* ($340 received) youripodnano4free (5/5) ($250 received), yourfreevideoipods (6/6) ($300 received), yourps34free.com (8/8) ($375 received)

Currently Working On...

360elite4free (6/10), yourfreeiphone (6/11), coke.ordergiftsfree (0/3), free4me nintendo wii (0/6), two.anygift4free (0/3), gaming.customorderthis (0/7)

Trance Forever*

+Quote Post
post Feb 20 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #14
Freebie Machine
hunger_s

Group Icon
Member No.: 1,820
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Nice guide!

+Quote Post
post Feb 28 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #15
Freshie
marylyn

Member No.: 17,786
My Inventory

If you disable any antivirus/spyware/firewall don't you risk getting a virus? I am a beginner and am rather confussed right now. thanks for any help

+Quote Post
post Mar 3 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #16
Insane Freebieist
timelf123

Group Icon
Group: Bronze Donators
Member No.: 16,501
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (marylyn @ Feb 28 2007, 06:23 PM) *
If you disable any antivirus/spyware/firewall don't you risk getting a virus? I am a beginner and am rather confussed right now. thanks for any help

As long as you make sure that you stay only to safe sites and offers, disabling that stuff probably will not affact your computer at all... It has a tendency to block things without your knowledge at all, and to make 100% sure you will get credit, it is best to turn them off temporarily

smile.gif
tim

--------------------

Want a userbar like this for FREE?! Go here for my script!

Own a freebie site and want to add features? Want some extra support or a new design? Don't wait another minute, email me or send me a PM or IM today!

Signature system, verification system, userbar system, stats system, newsletter system, design work, you name it, it can be done!

I'm super busy right now, so please no PMs on this

+Quote Post
post Mar 7 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #17
Freebie Elite
Tha Coach

Group Icon
Group: Silver Donators
Member No.: 14,228
My Inventory

modedit, no personal account questions.

+Quote Post
post Mar 8 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #18
Freshie
Neil

Member No.: 17,887
My Inventory

I do not believe it is always 100% the fault of the referral.

There were sites that I never got the email confirmation, was charged and never got the product, received the product and was never charged, and etc...

So it is not always the fault of the referral. Some times the offer sites nevver forward the credit and I believe that sometimes the freebie sites never give the credit.

Thanks,
Neil

--------------------
Thanks,
Neil

AIM: neilmoyer1740
Yahoo: neilmoyer1740
PayPal: neilmoyer1740@yahoo.com

+Quote Post
post Mar 8 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #19
Not really here
957ǝlʎʞ

Group Icon
Group: A4F Premium
Member No.: 5,489
My Inventory

QUOTE (Neil @ Mar 8 2007, 02:52 PM) *
and I believe that sometimes the freebie sites never give the credit.

You can believe that part, but it's not true. I can't vouch for the rest of it as I don't deal on the affiliate side of things, but if you don't get credit for an offer, it's because the freebie site hasn't gotten paid for it (unless you're dealing with a very shady site).

+Quote Post
post Mar 8 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #20
Insane Freebieist
MacroBucks

Group: Macrobucks
Member No.: 17,066
My Inventory

Most of us have instant crediting running... therefore I don't believe it can ever be on our side for the most part.

--------------------

Over $700,000+ shipped

MacroBucks.com
What are you waiting for? Join today!
Payments made instantly (within 24-48 hours)

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Free4Me Network, LLC - CLOSED · Next Newest »

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic  Start new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 24th May 2015 - 06:12 PM

RSS