Quick Member Login

Username: Password:
Remember me ? / Forgot Password?
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

A4F is experiencing an Error currently. We are working on getting this resolved. We are sorry for the inconvenience!
By: gogoWes
Featured Site: Advertise on A4F!

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topic  Start new topic
post Jan 24 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #1
AUSTRA!
emoney

Group: A4F Veteran
Member No.: 2,514
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

k, instead of sending this to all my traders, I went ahead and made a topic to refer to. Until we get our FAQ backup, here are the simplest rules for the ultra-n00b. Its not an exhaustive list of everything Freebie, but thats not what I'm going for. Dabbs has a great intro to n00bs thread here which looks much prettier than mine.

To get something for free:

Sign up for a freebie site. But don't just go to the site, ask around for someone paying or trading for referrals (in our case, The Trading Post is where you want to go). Once you find a thread by someone you trust, they will give you their link (Update, now this is done via our Trade Manager). You click the link, sign up, (confirm you are under your referee) and go to the offers part of the site. Find an offer(s) that you like, click it and complete it. This usually entails you giving them your name and address, as well as signing up for a trial offer with your credit card. If you clicked an instant offer, it will credit within 10 minutes. If you didn't, it should credit within a couple days. Once you do get credit, you contact the trader and give him your paypal address or your freebie link. they then do the offer or send you the paypal, and the trade is done. Then you can look for yourself to get refs and when you complete the site, you get your gift or paypal.

For More info on how trading works here on Anything4Free and in our Trade Manager, please see This Thread

The cookie that tracks your offer purchase has to be intact in order to communcate back to the site which will in turn grant you credit for the offer. here is my checklist, others may not agree with all of them, but its what I use at least. Peter also has his guide HERE and Shaggz has a super awesome one HERE.

Cookies:

Open Internet Explorer/Firefox
Go to Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Accept ALL cookies and turn off popup blocker
Turn off spyware/virus/firewall
Clear cookies and Temp internet files in browser
Close browser
Open browser back up and sign in or register at the freebie site.
Hold cntrl to temporarily turn off any popup blockers, Click the offer, check the open cookies folder to make sure cookies appear
Complete offer.
Wait for credit.

Some of those steps are just me being paranoid, but better safe than sorry is what I always say. The main things is to use IE or FF, make sure you're ACCEPTING all cookies, and make sure you clear cookies before logging in or registering for a new freebie site.

There are plenty of other threads in Freebie University that you could check out for more info, and if you can't find the answer just visit that forum (Freebie University) and click the New Topic link to create a thread where you can ask your questions. smile.gif

Good luck and Welcome!

--------------------
MEL IS THE GREATEST=MEL IS AWESOME
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Jan 24 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #2
Freshie
mlcreature

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,007
My Inventory

TO EMONEY2:

Since you are speaking to my kind, "ultra n00b", I have some extremely basic questions. I've spent the afternoon reading everything I can, and I felt I was ready to go into the trading post. I started moving forward on this and realized I was lost.

1 - To fill offers for others, I understand you PM them to tell the you're interested. I feel really foolish, but I was looking all over for how to PM them, and can't seem to figure it out.

2 - If a post says it needs, say, 6 people to complete offers, and 15 people have already replied, is it safe to assume not to bother with this one because this person has all they need?

3 - At the bottom of the forum pages, below the posts, there are the buttons "Fast Reply", "Add Reply" and "New Topic". The last one is obvious, please help me with the other two. How do these reply buttons differ from the Reply button next to the Quote buton.

4 - I found a list somewhere that broke down the trade status names into the numbers. It ranged from Beginner (5 or less) to Master (151+). I came across a post of someone who had a Veteran designation, but Veteran was not on the list. Please help me understand this.

5 - I understand you can't have more than 2 active topics at a time. Is this if you are trying to getting people to green for your offer? Or does it also include when you are trying to complete offers for others?

Thank you. I'm trying really hard to do this right. blink.gif

+Quote Post
post Jan 24 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #3
AUSTRA!
emoney

My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

1. To pm, go to a persons profile and click the "send message" or from a thread, you can click the user's name and there is a Send Message link in the drop down list.

2. You might as well ask if they haven't closed the thread.

3. Fast reply just lets you post quickly without the extra buttons and smilies and such. Add reply takes you to another page in which there are more gadgets and gizmos to add to your post.

4. Freebie Veteran is 100-200 posts.

5. 2 active topics for any trades. Regardless of if you are doing offers or requesting trades. And this is threads, not posts. Threads are new topics you start yourself, which you don't really need to do when you are just replying to other people's trading-seeking threads.

that help?

and please, call me emoney. emoney2 sounds weird. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2007, 08:04 AM
Post #4
Freshie
mlcreature

My Inventory

Thanks emoney! thumbsup.gif Helps alot.

On #5, to fully clarify the difference between threads and posts:
If I start a new trade (ex. offer to pay people for referrals) that's a thread, and if I respond to someone in the forum (not PM) who wants referrals that's a post?

Also, I realized I'm a little confused about what constitutes a topic. I've just PMd two people to be a referral. I'm waiting to hear back from them. Is that 2 topics? Or is it once I tell someone I'm doing their referral?

+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #5
Looking for Legit Traders! PM me!
Dabbs

Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: Free4Me
Member No.: 8,111
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

Re: #5, if you click New Topic and have to fill in the thread title and such, it is a topic. It is a post if you just click Reply. smile.gif

Also, the two active topics for each trade section means you can only start two (active) topics soliciting trades for sites you are working on. If you are working on more than two sites and looking for referrals for them, you should start one thread and put something to the effect of "Need referrals for many sites" or something of the such. This makes it fair for all traders to have exposure to the first page of the referral section without one member having 15 topics asking for trades for every site they are working on.

You can reply to topics to set up trades or PM the people in response to a trade thread, there isn't a limit of two.

In short:

New Topic started by you "I need refs for XXXXX site" - limit of two.

Reply to topic wanting to BE a referral for someone - no limit.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #6
Freshie
mlcreature

My Inventory

Thank you thank you!

+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #7
Advanced Member
pnb627

Member No.: 14,183
My Inventory

Thanks. Tried my first one, we'll see.

+Quote Post
post Jan 26 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #8
PsychDuck

Member No.: 14,175
My Inventory

Hi.

Wow, I'm not sure I am even replying to this properly. I have never replied to a blog, or message board before.

If I am doing this right. Here I go.

First let me say thank you for making me, an extreem nOOb, feel welcome.

I feel like a complete moron. I am an intellegent person. But I feel absolutely stupid when I start reading all of this.

I was refered to this site by a how to e-manual. I hope to retire soon, and am trying to get involved in somethin that I can make a couple hundred dollars a week to supplement my SSI. I was like the undiscipline squire in the story who played all summer and didn't prepare for the winter.

I recognize you have no real reason to assist me, but I am asking anyway. Is there a site, or something, or some one who will or can take me by the ahnd and walk me through all of this using layman terms.

This seems to be a great community to become a part of, and could meet the goals I have for a financial suppliment, as well as being down right fun.

So please help!

Thanks.

QUOTE (emoney2 @ Jan 24 2007, 12:52 PM) *
k, instead of sending this to all my traders, I went ahead and made a topic to refer to. Until we get our FAQ backup, here are the simplest rules for the ultra-n00b. Its not an exhaustive list of everything Freebie, but thats not what I'm going for. Dabbs has a great intro to n00bs thread here which looks much prettier than mine.

To get something for free:

Sign up for a freebie site. But don't just go to the site, ask around for someone paying or trading for referrals. once you find someone you trust, they will give you their link. You click the link, sign up, (confirm you are under your referee) and go to the offers part of the site. Find an offer(s) that you like, click it and complete it. This usually entails you giving them your name and address, as well as signing up for a trial offer with your credit card. If you clicked an instant offer, it will credit within 10 minutes. If you didn't, it should credit within a couple days. Once you do get credit, you contact the trader and give him your paypal address or your freebie link. they then do the offer or send you the paypal, and the trade is done. Then you can look for yourself to get refs and when you complete the site, you get your gift or paypal.

The cookie that tracks your offer purchase has to be intact in order to communcate back to the site which will in turn grant you credit for the offer. here is my checklist, others may not agree with all of them, but its what I use at least. Peter also has his guide here:

Cookies:

Open Internet Explorer 6
Go to Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Accept ALL cookies and turn off popup blocker
Turn off spyware/virus/firewall
open C:Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies so I can see the cookies appear when I click the offer
Open IE, Clear cookies and Temp internet files
Close IE
Open IE back up and sign in or register at the freebie site.
Hold cntrl to temporarily turn off any popup blockers, Click the offer, check the open cookies folder to make sure cookies appear
Complete offer.
Leave webpage open for a few minutes.
Wait for credit.

Most of those steps are just me being paranoid, but better safe than sorry is what I always say. The main things is to use IE or FF, make sure you're ACCEPTING all cookies, and make sure you clear cookies before logging in or registering for a new freebie site.

There are plenty of other threads in [url="http://www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?showforum=195"]Freebie 101[/url] that you could check out for more info, but let me know if you have any further questions.

+Quote Post
post Jan 29 2007, 05:51 AM
Post #9
Freshie
Richard Norton

Member No.: 13,725
My Inventory

To: emoney2: Your instruction offered here is, I am sure, meant to be helpful, but misses the boat. As a newbie, I read your direction, " Sign up for a freebie site", and I say to myself, " I would if I knew what it was and how to do it!". These instructions for newbies need to be very basic because we don't know what you're talking about! But, we wish we did!

+Quote Post
post Jan 29 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #10
AUSTRA!
emoney

My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

I guess its hard for me to think about it on the most basic level... How about you pm me or ask the questions here. I left the thread open for a reason.

As for your first question, signing up for a freebie site means to either go straight there (type in www.freeipods.com, but you should never just go sign up, because you are wasting a trade) or clicking on a personalized referral link from a fellow trader (e.g. www.freeipods.com/r=XXXXXXX). Next, follow the instructions for new users to sign up. This involves writing your email and creating a password, then inputting your name and address so they know where to send the gift. Once you have done so, you have completed the signup process. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Jan 30 2007, 09:31 AM
Post #11
Freshie
bridgeguy1

Member No.: 14,504
My Inventory

Thank you e-money for the guidance. I am also a noob who wants to make a cool buck. I've already gotten swindled out of $34.95 for acting like a know-it-all. Guess it serves me right. I'll be roaming around this site daily. thumbsup.gif

bridgeguy

+Quote Post
post Jan 30 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #12
:D
melmarie80

Personal Tag
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group Icon
Group: A4F Admin
Member No.: 919
My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

QUOTE (bridgeguy1 @ Jan 30 2007, 08:31 AM) *
Thank you e-money for the guidance. I am also a noob who wants to make a cool buck. I've already gotten swindled out of $34.95 for acting like a know-it-all. Guess it serves me right. I'll be roaming around this site daily. thumbsup.gif

bridgeguy

Hey bridgeguy is it something that we might be able to help you get back? Send me a PM if you need help.

Mel

+Quote Post
post Jan 31 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #13
Freshie
arcticbarb

Member No.: 14,636
My Inventory

Thanks!! For the [url="http://www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?showforum=195"]Freebie 101[/url]

I thought I knew what I was doing. Lost credit for an offer -par for the course of learning I guess.

I'll try again.

--------------------

Great Deal at The Paid Club

http://www.thepaidclub.com/?referral=251

+Quote Post
post Feb 1 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #14
Freshie
sandiw

Member No.: 14,808
My Inventory

Ok, I think I've read everything and I'm almost ready to start trading, but I have 1 question. On the part about going to c:/document and settings/Administrator/cookies, I have no file for cookies there. I have a cookies file under default user, but it only has an index.dat file. I'm using Windows Explorer to look there, is that correct?
Thanks for your help.

+Quote Post
post Feb 1 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #15
AUSTRA!
emoney

My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

yes, its not always under administrator, its whatever XP profile you are on. log in to anything4free and see if an A4F cookie pops up in that folder. and its not absolutely necessary to look at the folder, but I do it because I'm paranoid and want to see them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Feb 2 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #16
Freebie Veteran
itsyaboi

Group Icon
Group: Bronze Donators
Member No.: 14,764
My Inventory

i'm using firefox, and i'm not sure where the cookies are. ??? If anyone knows the folder please tell me. also, is the credit itself a cookie, or is the credit something else? also what are referrals? i notice when i click a referral link, i can choose a prize worth a certain amount of referrals. How many referrals should i choose to get a green?How much is the average overall cost it takes to become a green? for now all i want to do is sign up for ppl to get some money via paypal. I'm afraid i'm going to sign up and never get anything in return.

+Quote Post
post Feb 4 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #17
Freshie
sandiw

Member No.: 14,808
My Inventory

QUOTE (emoney @ Feb 1 2007, 06:11 PM) *
yes, its not always under administrator, its whatever XP profile you are on. log in to anything4free and see if an A4F cookie pops up in that folder. and its not absolutely necessary to look at the folder, but I do it because I'm paranoid and want to see them.

Thanks, emoney. I still don't see it there, but I did find it under Temp Internet files, along with a million others, but now I know not to delete them weekly like I used to. I'm ready to get some $ now! Thanks, again, this forum is very informative.

+Quote Post
post Feb 5 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #18
Advanced Member
cntry_grl68

Group Icon
Member No.: 13,267
My Inventory

how often can u bump a post? i've seen it somewhere b4 but cant seem to now, lol blink.gif

--------------------
Working on:

primodinero.com/house - 0/3 - $22- PM me for link

Already signed up for:

Giftmonkey - 0/5 pts
notebooks4free.com - 0/18
gifts.getstuff4free.org - 0/5
hotstuff.free4me.net - 0/7
gaming.freepay.com - 0/4
zeropricetags.com - 0/4

+Quote Post
post Feb 5 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #19
AUSTRA!
emoney

My Inventory
My Freebie Gallery

at least 6 hours. if you haven't read the rules, I would recommend doing so now (thats where the bump rule is).

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Feb 6 2007, 06:35 AM
Post #20
Advanced Member
cntry_grl68

Group Icon
Member No.: 13,267
My Inventory

QUOTE (emoney @ Feb 5 2007, 12:47 PM) *
at least 6 hours. if you haven't read the rules, I would recommend doing so now (thats where the bump rule is).

thx!! i knew i had read it somewhere, and i did read the rules several times (and even printed them too i think lol) when i started, but for the life of me couldn't remember where... i must be gettin old dry.gif

--------------------
Working on:

primodinero.com/house - 0/3 - $22- PM me for link

Already signed up for:

Giftmonkey - 0/5 pts
notebooks4free.com - 0/18
gifts.getstuff4free.org - 0/5
hotstuff.free4me.net - 0/7
gaming.freepay.com - 0/4
zeropricetags.com - 0/4

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Freebie University · Next Newest »

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic  Start new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 09:33 PM

RSS