Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rules for Trade Rating and Trade Manager [UPDATED 2/25/09]
Anything4Free.com Forums > The Trading Post > Trader Support
Pages: 1, 2
emoney
MAJOR UPDATE

TR RULES:

I've removed all the previous TR Rules, because now with the new Trade Manager almost all of the rules are built-in to the system, so there is no way to do an "illegal" trade. However, there are a couple exceptions that still should be mentioned:

• $15 is the magic number. If you want to leave your fellow trader a comment in order to get a TR (Trade Rating) point, the trade value has to be at or above $15. So if you are doing non-cc sites and paying $5 for example, you need to manually trade with that person for 3 non-cc greens, which would equal $15 and therefore allow a comment to be approved for the trade. This goes for currency exchanges, loans, etc.

• Mark it Complete or Comment Posted. When a trade is complete and therefore you want to leave a comment and rating for your partner and have them do the same for you, you MUST update your status within that trade to Completed or Comment Posted. If you do not, the system does not think the trade is ready for comments so it does not allow comments to be added.

• No TR without TM. This is a given... but just so we're clear, you cannot earn a TR point for a trade unless that trade was setup and completed through our Trade Manager.

Quick HOW-TO Operate Trade Manager and Trading on A4F:

• To get started trading, head to our Beginner's Trading Post and find some trades. Once you do, click that user's Trade Offers number from their user info on the side of their post and in their profile. Find a Trade Offer from their Offers page that interests you and click More Info. From the proceeding page, read the details and if they work for you, click Initiate Trade after filling out the form. Then once the offerer approves your initiation, you'll be trading. biggrin.gif
  • So you'll get a PM informing you that your trade initiation has been approved and the trade has now officially started. That PM will also contain a link to that specific trade, so click that to go there or go to your My Trades page and click your status to get to that trade's page. That page is where pretty much everything else related to that specific trade will happen. You will see your trade partner's link listed, so click that which will bring you to the freebie site. Then sign up and do an offer to get credit. For a more in-debth discussion on this part (completing offers) please see this thread for a guide and link to other guides. Then go back to your trade page and change your status accordingly, most likely one of the Offer(s) Complete statuses.

• Once you do get credit for the offer (be sure to check the freebie site from time to time if you are waiting for credit), then mark your status to Offer(s) Complete - Green and let your partner know. They should then send you paypal and mark it Completed. Once you verify you received the paypal, Mark your side Completed and then leave a comment and rating for your partner and they will do the same for you.

• Now that the trade is done, mark it Comment Posted and a TM Moderator will be there to approve your comment shortly. Once approved, you'll get a PM from the person who approved it, stating that it was approved. If its rejected, you'll also be notified. Once both parties have left feedback, you can go ahead and move it to your Archived Trades so you can focus on the rest of your still on-going trades.

Trading Permissions and TR

Trade Rating < 4 TR: Members under 4 TR can ONLY access the BTP and can ONLY reply in threads.
  1. Beginner's Trading Post

Trade Rating > 4 TR Members and Premium Members < 4 TR: Members at 4 TR or above and Premium Members under 4 TR can ONLY access the 3 normal trading forums and can BOTH reply and create new threads. You can now add your own trade topics by clicking the New Topic button on the top right side of the page from within any of those 3 forums. If you have at least 4 TR and you want access to the BTP to create your own topics there and therefore trade with n00bs under 4TR, you could click the A4F Memberships link in the Site Menu dropdown in the board header (look up and to the right)...
  1. Referral for Referral
  2. Referral for Cash
  3. Referral for Other

Trade Rating > 4 TR Premiums: Premium Members at 4TR or above can access BOTH the BTP and the 3 normal trading forums and of course can BOTH reply and post new topics.
  1. Beginner's Trading Post
  2. Referral for Referral
  3. Referral for Cash
  4. Referral for Other

And those trading forum TR rules apply EXACTLY THE SAME in Trade Manager. So if you want to trade with a n00b to get TR via the TM, you have to be 4+TR Premium.

There is 1 exception to those above TR rules, if you were 50+TR BEFORE Premium Membership was announced, you were entitled to 1 free year of Beginner's Trading Post access. That doesn't mean they got to change their group to Premium, it just means they had access to trading with under 4TR in the forums and in TM.
twhite56
Guys maybe I didn't make it clear. You use the new trader database for this....
Adam
How do you do that. Where is it?
FSR Chris
There's a link at the top of each page in the navigation, right below the banner, that says "Trader Database".
twhite56
I've also included a link on the first post.
-Trevor
midfielder100
Figure I would post this because someone else already asked about it:

QUOTE (midfielder100 @ Jan 15 2006, 04:25 PM) *
Well the ranks are as follows:

Beginning Trader: 5 or less trades

Intermediate Trader: 6 - 15 trades

Advanced Trader: 16 - 25 trades

Expert Trader: 25 - 50 trades

Professional Trader: 51 - 75 trades

Supreme Trader: 76 - 100 trades

Insane Trader: 101 - 150 trades

Master Trader: 151 or more trades
chris1152
QUOTE (twhite56 @ Jan 14 2006, 01:13 PM) *
Rules for the Feedback System:

1. Only post when a trade is complete. If found posting when a trade is pending, the comments will be removed. If you believe you are being scammed, post in the Trader Feedback section instead of leaving negative feedback on the user. If a user does not go green, this means that the trade is not complete. Therefore, instead of posting a negative comment, please create a topic in the Trader Complaints forum. Also, do not feel that you have to give a user a positive trade. If the green or item took a perticularly long time to arrive, reflect that using a neutral/negative rating.

Dumb question, but can you only leave feedback after both people have fulfilled their ends of the trade?

For example, if person X goes first in a trade and then goes green, is it okay to leave feedback before I have greened for him or do we have to wait until all is done?

Chris
emoney
QUOTE (chris1152 @ Jan 17 2006, 03:33 PM) *
Dumb question, but can you only leave feedback after both people have fulfilled their ends of the trade?

For example, if person X goes first in a trade and then goes green, is it okay to leave feedback before I have greened for him or do we have to wait until all is done?

Chris

Wait until the trade is complete. Just makes it easier.
twhite56
RULES UPDATED. Make sure to note the changes!
emoney
Added my examples based on popular demand smile.gif
WillTradeRefs
I have a question.. a trader gave me a neutral but I am almost 100% positive he meant to give me a positive its just that he did this back when the radio button was on neutral by default.. not that it matters that much but if he agrees he did this by mistake could he enter a new positive rating for me and just say 'whoops meant to give positive instead of neutral before' and could the neutral be removed... I know with 23+ and 1 neutral nobody really cares but me.. . I try to keep a perfect record and I really think he did it by accident b/c I was very fast on the green and good in communicating and also he left me 'positive' comments with the 'neutral' rating.

Just wondering, not trying to be asinine..

WillTradeRefs
emoney
Fixed it smile.gif
emoney
From here:

After reviewing many of the recent trader comments made, it has come to my attention that a majority of the comments do not meet the requirements for an appropriate comment. Every comment should consist of 2 parts: The technical apsect (site, amount of $, commission $, etc) and the personal aspect (communication, reasonability, quickness, etc).

Remember to follow these guidelines:

Referral for referral trades: List both sites involved

Referral for cash trades: List the site involved plus the type of payment receieved (ie. Paypal, Stormpay, Egold, etc.)

Referral for other trades: List the site and the item/service involved.

Currency trades: List the amount traded and what types of currency were involved.

-----> And remember that only trades of $20+ count and you are only allowed a maximum of 2 currency trades between any 2 users.

From now on, any comment without the above criterion will be removed. Thanks!
emoney
Updated. Commission trades are no longer counted as TR.
Azalie
I got a comment from a user from a finished trade but it didn't go towards my trade rating. Why was that?

Okay I'll get more clear.

I traded w/ BD2006. I left a positive comment for him and it counted and his tr went to 2. He left a comment for me (actually it showed he left 2) but this morning I have no comment, show "given 7" but my positive is still 6. I know his comments were positive. DId he just leave a good enough comment (by the rules)? sad.gif
emoney
QUOTE (Azalie @ Mar 13 2006, 03:10 PM) *
I got a comment from a user from a finished trade but it didn't go towards my trade rating. Why was that?

Okay I'll get more clear.

I traded w/ BD2006. I left a positive comment for him and it counted and his tr went to 2. He left a comment for me (actually it showed he left 2) but this morning I have no comment, show "given 7" but my positive is still 6. I know his comments were positive. DId he just leave a good enough comment (by the rules)? sad.gif

The comment was probably deleted because it didn't fit the guidelines. Tell him to read the TR rules and leave another one.
Azalie
Thnku!
Joe
Could we lower the required ref for cash amount to $15? because I see a lot of people offering $15~$18 for trades... and I think that $15 is still a fair amount of money and should count towards TR.... just my $.02

-joe
emoney
QUOTE (joe @ Mar 13 2006, 03:24 PM) *
Could we lower the required ref for cash amount to $15? because I see a lot of people offering $15~$18 for trades... and I think that $15 is still a fair amount of money and should count towards TR.... just my $.02

-joe

The strict 20$ rule is only for currency exchanges. Paying 15 for a normal referral site can still count as TR.

I use the word "normal" because trades for non-cc ref sites such as the new ones ThisStuffforFree and the textpayme ones don't count as TR.
Azalie
Having problems with feedback again/still. :/

I have one request:

If comment is approved/denied, that the moderator mention the name of the person you were leaving the comment for. That way when I left 3 diff comments on the same day, I know which reply refers to which comment made.

Okay, so the one I had a problem with I've resubmitted and it should be fine like the other two.

I did three trades and all three went well w/o a problem and I've left feedback for the other ppl and though my "given" has gone up by 2, my TR has not. cry0638 and BD2006 said they'd leave feedback for me so I think they're the ones who tried to. I also traded w/ napoem. Is there any way these trades could be verified and added to feedback of each person?

Don't get me wrong, I like the way it works now, but it'd be good if the feedback could be given to BOTH people in the trade. Kinda pointless if I'm giving feedback to others but my TR doesn't go up b/c they either don't bother to leave feedback for me and/or don't leave it correctly.
numom1
Hello:

Unfortunately, when we are deleting and approving feedback, it doesn't tell us who the other trader is; therefore, we can't give you the information because we don't know it.

And, as for the other trader not giving feedback correctly, you will just have to pester them. tongue.gif

Laura
Azalie
QUOTE (numom1 @ Mar 14 2006, 12:11 PM) *
Hello:

Unfortunately, when we are deleting and approving feedback, it doesn't tell us who the other trader is; therefore, we can't give you the information because we don't know it.

And, as for the other trader not giving feedback correctly, you will just have to pester them. tongue.gif

Laura

Ah okay. Thnku for the reply. smile.gif
Azalie
I've set up this "canned e-mail" for sending to ppl who haven't left comments for me yet when I've already left one for them. Anyone can use this w/ some easy edits for their own purposes!! smile.gif

Hey!

I left a comment for you which has now appeared in your profile. Please leave one for me. The following comment should obey the rules:

Went green on PSPs.com; rec'd $40 PayPal. Great trade!

To leave a comment, click on "Trader Database" at the top of the page, do a search for the nickname Azalie, select my nickname, click on "add a comment" and indicate:
- positive
- referral for cash
- paste the message or type one like it

Thanks so much! This way both our trading rates go up!

Azalie

This is just an example. The template would look like this:

Hey!

I left a comment for you which has now appeared in your profile. Please leave one for me. The following comment should obey the rules:

Went green on suchandsuch.com; rec'd $amt (pay method). Great trade!
or
Sent $amt (pay method); rec'd $amt (pay method). Great trade!
or
Went green on suchandsuch.com; they went green on suchandsuch.com. Thanks!

To leave a comment, click on "Trader Database" at the top of the page, do a search for the nickname Azalie, select my nickname, click on "add a comment" and indicate:
- positive/negative/neutral
- referral for cash/referral for referral/cash exchange/etc
- paste the message or type one like it

Thanks so much! This way both our trading rates go up!

(your username)

I hope this helps other ppl. smile.gif
FSR Chris
Rules have been updated. Even though we've never explicity said so, when leaving comments for a Referral for Cash trade, you need to include the site involved as well as the PAYMENT METHOD! All comments not following these rules will be removed.

Thanks! thumbsup.gif
moneymakingmom
QUOTE (Azalie @ Mar 14 2006, 01:07 PM) *
Having problems with feedback again/still. :/

I have one request:

If comment is approved/denied, that the moderator mention the name of the person you were leaving the comment for. That way when I left 3 diff comments on the same day, I know which reply refers to which comment made.

Okay, so the one I had a problem with I've resubmitted and it should be fine like the other two.

I did three trades and all three went well w/o a problem and I've left feedback for the other ppl and though my "given" has gone up by 2, my TR has not. cry0638 and BD2006 said they'd leave feedback for me so I think they're the ones who tried to. I also traded w/ napoem. Is there any way these trades could be verified and added to feedback of each person?

Don't get me wrong, I like the way it works now, but it'd be good if the feedback could be given to BOTH people in the trade. Kinda pointless if I'm giving feedback to others but my TR doesn't go up b/c they either don't bother to leave feedback for me and/or don't leave it correctly.

I went to that link and I don't think it is working.
When will it be up?
melmarie80
QUOTE (moneymakingmom @ Jan 8 2007, 08:33 AM) *
I went to that link and I don't think it is working.
When will it be up?

It and the PM system were both effected when we did our recent upgrade. We are trying to get those both back up as soon as possible, but as of right now we have no timetables to give anyone.
Paranorm
How can we modify a TR if we misstype it?

Example: A user just left me TR crediting me for paying him $25, when I actually paid him $18. I don't want people looking at my TR and thinking I'm varying the amount I'm paying for the same site. Can he (or you) change it?
egyptianruin
QUOTE (Paranorm @ Feb 28 2007, 06:16 PM) *
How can we modify a TR if we misstype it?

Example: A user just left me TR crediting me for paying him $25, when I actually paid him $18. I don't want people looking at my TR and thinking I'm varying the amount I'm paying for the same site. Can he (or you) change it?

just send me a PM who it was for and I will edit it after it is approved.
stinastina
What do we do if the other person doesn't leave TR ? And how long should we wait for them to do it ?
KT412
I usually give people a few days to leave TR at which point I'll send them a reminder PM. If I still don't get it, or they're online and are ignoring the PM's, I'll then PM a mod - who will ask them to leave it or else warn them.

Ken
melmarie80
QUOTE (stinastina @ Apr 28 2007, 01:11 PM) *
What do we do if the other person doesn't leave TR ? And how long should we wait for them to do it ?

I would send them a PM (track it) asking for feedback to be left. If they read it and do not leave you feedback, PM me and I will warn them for not completing the trade.

Mel
Ambrotoz
I'm new here and I got a question on the TR system.
is it true that you will not get any positive (+) points unless one of the involed traders have at least "TR: +4".\
I have been reading the rules again but cannot find this anywhere. Although i recall reading it somewhere.

Please clearify this form me.

Thanks
melmarie80
QUOTE (Ambrotoz @ Jun 17 2007, 01:02 PM) *
is it true that you will not get any positive (+) points unless one of the involed traders have at least "TR: +4".\
I have been reading the rules again but cannot find this anywhere. Although i recall reading it somewhere.

Thanks

Neither of you have to have +4 to get TR. I think a trader might have said that for them personally they wouldn't do trades unless the other person had 4 or more. smile.gif
957ǝlʎʞ
QUOTE (Ambrotoz @ Jun 17 2007, 11:02 AM) *

Thanks

I think you're thinking of FiPG.
backdrop001
Question how long to i wait? what i mean is i have a trade going with someone and they are supposed to green first and then i will do the same. It's been over a week and they haven't greened but they did register and have had no contact. Someone else offered to trade at the same site i was supposed to green for the first one. Should i give them more time?
emoney
If the trader doesn't respond within 5 or 6 days, you can consider the trade canceled.
backdrop001
QUOTE (emoney @ Jul 31 2007, 10:01 AM) *
If the trader doesn't respond within 5 or 6 days, you can consider the trade canceled.

Thanks emoney i wasn't sure just one more question and i won't bother you anymore. What if i go ahead and trade with someone else and it has been over 6 days, then suddenly the original trader goes green and wants my trade?
Warhawk
I have some questions:

QUOTE (backdrop001 @ Jul 31 2007, 10:30 AM) *
Thanks emoney i wasn't sure just one more question and i won't bother you anymore. What if i go ahead and trade with someone else and it has been over 6 days, then suddenly the original trader goes green and wants my trade?

^^

1. Could someone answer the quoted question? I'm wondering the same thing. I have a trader who agreed to go green for me first and signed up under me. However, he has not responded to PMs for six days and has not gone green. If I'm released from obligation to him after 6 days, does that still mean I'm in the clear if he comes back from outer space at some later time and wants his green, and I've already done his site for someone else? I don't want to get branded as a scammer because some newbie leaves me hanging without a PM or vacation post, and then comes back wanting to deal again.

2. How long does it take for TR to show up? I left TR for someone early in the day today and it still hasn't shown up, and another trader left TR for me, but it also hasn't shown up yet.

3. How long should I give someone to leave me TR before posting a complaint (provided they don't respond to PMs)?
melmarie80
QUOTE (Warhawk @ Oct 3 2007, 09:54 PM) *
I have some questions:
^^

1. Could someone answer the quoted question? I'm wondering the same thing. I have a trader who agreed to go green for me first and signed up under me. However, he has not responded to PMs for six days and has not gone green. If I'm released from obligation to him after 6 days, does that still mean I'm in the clear if he comes back from outer space at some later time and wants his green, and I've already done his site for someone else? I don't want to get branded as a scammer because some newbie leaves me hanging without a PM or vacation post, and then comes back wanting to deal again.

2. How long does it take for TR to show up? I left TR for someone early in the day today and it still hasn't shown up, and another trader left TR for me, but it also hasn't shown up yet.

3. How long should I give someone to leave me TR before posting a complaint (provided they don't respond to PMs)?

Yes, it is alright to abandon the trade as long as you have sent PMs asking for an update and PMs saying that you are canceling the trade.

TR is manually approved by us. (The staff) Sometimes it will take hours and the most it will take is around 3 days. (the weekend gets things backed up)

You should give them at least two PMs (or over a week) asking for them to leave TR before posting a complaint.
GroulZer77
So I understand the rules above (I think), but I just want a quick clarification... Even if two people trade ref4cash 3 times, they can only leave TR for two of the trades? I'm referring to rule #5...

thanks.gif
KT412
QUOTE (GroulZer77 @ Mar 4 2008, 07:42 PM) *
So I understand the rules above (I think), and even if two people trade ref4cash 3 times, they can only leave TR for two of the trades? I'm referring to rule #5...

thanks.gif

Nah, I think Rule #5 is literally talking about currency exchange trades. Back when those rules were written, there was alot more actual trading around here (and not just site for site - other for other, site for other, etc.). It was a regular flea market from what I understand.

Cash for site as far as I know has no limit on the #.
GroulZer77
QUOTE (KT412 @ Mar 4 2008, 07:53 PM) *
Nah, I think Rule #5 is literally talking about currency exchange trades. Back when those rules were written, there was alot more actual trading around here (and not just site for site - other for other, site for other, etc.). It was a regular flea market from what I understand.

Cash for site as far as I know has no limit on the #.

Oh, I see. thanks.gif KT!
emoney
I moved the posts about TM to the TM thread.
WhatsMyLine
Ok, so ANY site under $15 doesn't count for TR?

Also, if you're offering a no-cc site but pay OVER $15, it counts as a TR point?
bradenr
QUOTE (missyts1 @ Feb 25 2009, 07:32 PM) *
Ok, so ANY site under $15 doesn't count for TR?

Also, if you're offering a no-cc site but pay OVER $15, it counts as a TR point?

You are correct. You can combine low paying sites into 1 trade, making the total $15+ and it'll count.

If any of you have a comment deleted due to this rule, please don't go to my profile and lower my star rating. laugh.gif I used to have 5 stars but the "I want my TR back" people smacked me down to 4 cry.gif
957ǝlʎʞ
QUOTE (bradenr @ Feb 26 2009, 01:22 AM) *
I used to have 5 stars but the "I want my TR back" people smacked me down to 4 cry.gif

How do you know it wasn't the "Braden slept with my wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/dog crowd"?
kdshaw
QUOTE (bradenr @ Feb 26 2009, 12:22 AM) *
You are correct. You can combine low paying sites into 1 trade, making the total $15+ and it'll count.

If any of you have a comment deleted due to this rule, please don't go to my profile and lower my star rating. laugh.gif I used to have 5 stars but the "I want my TR back" people smacked me down to 4 cry.gif

It was me braden, I'll admit it. I am sooooo sorry though. Forgive me? smile.gif
emoney
The updated first post read ok then?
tribubba
This question has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Someone registered on one of my sites through the link on the front page of Anything4Free. (Will definitely be doing that again.) It appears she's already finished and just waiting for credit. Can a trade like that--through Anything4Free but not in Trade Manager--count toward TR?

emoney
No, those aren't trades, but rather random frontpage signups. If that person was registered on our forums and you gave her your offer link and she initiated it and you paid her or gave her a green or whatnot in return for her green (so an actual trade took place) then you could get TR at that point. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.